how is carvins stuff...the amps look pretty good. idk though. looks can be decieving...also the guitars are pretty sexy. how are these things?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
i played an MTS head today. it was pretty much awesome.

the clean was amazing, really full and lush. drive was really biting and agressive. i liked it quite a bit. bass was really thumping and powerfull.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Carvins are Very nice guitars, they sound great, look great, and are built great
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
how is the solid state head? thats what ive been looking at. its cheap, and thats why i like it.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
NO!!! Tubeheads by carvin only... I have one!!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I use an MTS 3200 head into a Carvin Legacy B cabinet. The head has 4 JJ E34L tubes and 5 JJ ECC83S which is as good as any JCM 900 I've heard.
Wont break the bank, either.
I think their tube amps are sweet, especially the X100B, MTS series and the Legacy heads. Didnt play the V3 yet.
My guitar teacher's got the Steve Vai carvin amp...it's soooooo good
Carvins rock.

That said, there is NO point in getting a solid-state head.
I have a Carvin Bel Air 212 50 watt all tube combo. Really nice sound. Warm clean channel and a fat, vintage sounding soak channel.

Pic:
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
CArvin X-100B, NASTY awesome tone (steve vais amp on tour from 78 to 96) when steve came up with legacy series...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
but i dont have enough for the tube amps. thats why i looked at the SX series stack. why are they bad? i heard they were sweet

and im not sure i need a tube amp yet.
im not worthy of it
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
My drummer had tons of carvin amps and P.A. equipment given to him and they all work very well, Carvin Mixer Carvin bass amp. (kickback dont remember the wattage its like 700 dollars) it all works very well mixer is versatile and easy to use, but the bass amp is awesome.