ok i have a vox valvetronix 100w, that is currently in for reapir because of it dying on me. i now have the option to either keep my vox or get another amp of equal value, say a crate half stack or something of that sort. i am hugely into metal and i really like the crate distortion, but the crate is not as versitile as teh vox and thats why i like the vox. i am just wondering if any of you would be able to give me some advice on what amp i should go with or something i should do about this. keep in mind i do not have a cab already, and i can only go as high as about $525.
Go with a Peavey tube combo. Make sure it's not a Transtube.

Although, in comparison, the Vox is much better than any Crate.
man I like crates, but agreed with Refixer, Keep the Vox man
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
check out the carvin stacks...haha i just found out about them and they seem pretty sweet.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Crate solid state amps are garbage - period.

But the tube amps are inredible. My uncle has the 50W Crate combo tube amp and the tone out of that thing rocks my balls off.
Quote by lostfuze
Crate solid state amps are garbage - period.

But the tube amps are inredible. My uncle has the 50W Crate combo tube amp and the tone out of that thing rocks my balls off.

x2

I have the vintage club 50-watt tube. Amazing amp, and with a JJ re-tube, oh my God.
Quote by Refixer
Crate solid-states blow, and even I'll admit that.

then whichi crates are goo besides Blue voodoos mr crate fanatic?