Iv been playing for 4 years now and i still dont know what the hell action is. So what is it??
If you've been playing for 4 years and don't know what the action is you shoudl seriously consider sitting down and learnign some theory.
...:::The Master Chief :::...
Quote by Noomz
If you've been playing for 4 years and don't know what the action is you shoudl seriously consider sitting down and learnign some theory.

Whats music theory got to do with action? Action is more about the guitar itself...

Btw, Noomz, if you've been living over 8 years, learn to type and contruct grammatically correct sentences.
Quote by bassdrum
Whats music theory got to do with action? Action is more about the guitar itself...

Btw, Noomz, if you've been living over 8 years, learn to type and contruct grammatically correct sentences.

fair enough. Just more or less a general knowledge thing. And speaking of grammatically correct sentences, Where did you learn to spell. I don't know what contruct means.
...:::The Master Chief :::...
4 years eh...
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
dw mate nothing to be embarassed about like said action is the distance between your strings and fretboard
Quote by Noomz

You should sit down and consider learning some manners, kid.

Action is the height between the fretboard and the strings, like someone said. If your strings are high up off the fretboard, you might want to lower them, and vice versa - until you find a comfortable compromise. You didn't give any info regarding your bridge type, so here's a tutorial which covers the different bridge types - http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm
well, its a double edged sword if you lower it too much you could get fret buzz but if you dont you would be compromising your sustain while with higher action it gives you long sustain it usually is more uncomfortable to play on. you just gotta compromise between the two until you find the perfect balance
Quote by FlyingVortex
How the ****ing hell did that help anyone

^^^

How the ****ing hell did that help anyone either???

I think a few people have already answered this otherwise i would.