K, I'm not that up on what's good and what's not but have decided to stretch to the highest limit of £399, for which I found this gold top. I first looked at this because it suits the style I play - hard/classic rock etc but obviously they won't be using an Epiphone . . . can anyone inform me if they're any good?

It has 2 Alcino-V P90s Pickups, Chrome Hardware, Mahogany neck, Rosewood/Trapezoid fretboard, Mahogany/Alder body, all of which means nothing to me

If not, any other suggestions please? Classic/hard rock is what I'm mainly looking for. Thanks.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
epiphone makes a goldtop with humbuckers, which would suit your style much better.
im not sure what the price is though...
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
It's £399, I just re-read my post and realised it's not that clear sorry . Basically, the Epiphone Gold Top is £399, with the spec things as I put up there, is it any good? Went in the nearest guitar store to me and they didn't have one to try out so thought this would be the next best place to find out .

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
the goldtop you are talking about is a 1956 style les paul. with p-90 single coils
the guitar im talking about is a 1957 style with humbuckers, which are better suited to play heavier things, as well as some in between things, because of its increased output.

i would check out the '57. or possibly a standard or classic
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior