Ive never played them, and im wondering, do they have distortion? i dont want you know a metal distorion but kind of a you know normal distortion. I dont like eals so this is why im asking this, also beacuse i played a plexi and there was absolutly NO distortion
If you like classic rock you'll like those amps. You have to really push those old single channel non-master volume Marshall to get distortion. Remember that heavy saturated distortion wasn't even really around back then. but with a les paul and a nice OD pedal, and cranked you can really get some legendary tones.
Plexi's have no disortion? well my friend, its not exactly muddifying death metal, but Plexi's have some of my favorite tones.

JTMs and JMP's have less gain than Plexi's, very little controls, no gain control. Very simple clean one channel amps.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Plexi's have no disortion? well my friend, its not exactly muddifying death metal, but Plexi's have some of my favorite tones.

JTMs and JMP's have less gain than Plexi's, very little controls, no gain control. Very simple clean one channel amps.

well it might have not been a plexi im not sure which one, but one of the marshall amps have no distortion at volume 2, just nice LOUD clean distortion that can make my eardrums vibrate
^Marshall major maybe? 200 watt beast. Frusciante uses them for clean, they'll make your nuts shake at 1. Loud as hell.
anyways if i want more distortion with good tone should a iget a JMP, JTM, Or JCM? (800)
The JTM's are probably the best marshalls ever produced, yet they do need quite a boost. But once they do, thats just tonal heaven.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?