i recently bought i new schecter c1 elite and its perfect. but my old guitar isnt, i planned on getting it permanently set in drop c and to put new pickups on it. is it worth it? also, can putting my schecter in drop c mess up the intonation or anything like that, b/c if so i dont wanna do that.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
If you have it set up by a professional, the intonation will be fine, otherwise you probably will have problems. I did it to my Les Paul and it's great, and it only set me back $30.
the lesser known of the 4
but i dont want it permanent (schecter),... if i do it for one song myself, will it get messed up. thats why i wanted my old one in drop c..but is it even worth it?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Yes it can screw with the intonation, but as long as your truss has the capability of balancing out the tension of the strings it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only problem with drop tunings is the lower tension on the low end, which alters the design. You might also look into higher gauge strings. If you use .9mm's they might flop around on you. I suggest .12's for D or lower tunings. I tuned my to D and it hasn't affected the intonation a bit. Of course I know how to set it up, but there is only one way to learn.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i prefer to use ghs thin thicks (light on bottom, heavy on top.) or medium, so would it be a good idea to keep the schecter in standard/drop d, and the epi in drop c?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
I would say yes because bending .12 strings like that when you are used to light gauge will be a pain. Definetly leave the epi in C with heavy gauge on them.

due to the tension issues
the lesser known of the 4
k thanks for all your help guys
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt