I just got a new guitar, so im putting my old crappy one to good use but practicing on it to rewire and replace pickups. I have a few questions i would like to be answered...first off,

Do i need to solder the wires back in the same place they were on the volume knob...or can it be anywhere on the knob?

Also, when i rewire the wires to the switch, can they be on any of the fork things...or back where they were?
Back where they were. With the pot if you solder them to the wrong tabs the pot won't work properly. With switch it may work with the pickups in mixed positions or it may not work at all.

If you want to change anything i suggest following a schematic.
Yeah the whole randomly solder stuff in random places doesn't work too good...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^Yeah, and the grounds all need to go together.
Yep, thats about it.
well i didn't want to start a new thread about it and cause this is n electronics thread i'm posting here........the push-pull pot on my washburn just broke and i have to replace it.....none of the electronics shops around here or guitar dealers have the pot......so i have to order it off the net.......but then i have a gig tommorrow......and quick fixes ???

The guitar is a washburn 300 and i have a 5 way selector 2 single pickups and a bridge humbucker and a single volume........
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
any help fast guys ???

Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
What does the push pull pot do? Just unwire it. Don't use the pot, it wont be perfect but it will do for one gig.
^Well, he can of course just jumper the lugs on the push/pull, that way he still has all the pickup selection/volume/tone.
^oh, is it just the push pull that's broken?
i assumed it was the pot itself that stopped working.

he said it was only 1 volume control, so by soldering the pickups directly to the output jack, i meant after the pickup selector switch, so instead of connecting to the 1 pot, solder to the jack (since the pot is broken)

x-boy ->
is it just the push/pull or is it the pot itself that's broken?