if this is in the wrong section im sorry. . .

so i have a de armond m 75 and i just switched all of the knobs to chrome ones..
now when i put the volume all the way up one of the knobs there is no volume... when i put it back just a couple numbers (10-7 or 8) the volume comes back.. i think its just not screwed right.. but i dont know how to fix it.. help?
yo
Changing the knob wouldn't do anything to stop it working. Maybe the pot is broken.
hahaha your thread has the funniest title

anyway my squire used to do that but i changed all the electronics and it's beasty now.
Quote by thesumoftwo
hahaha your thread has the funniest title

anyway my squire used to do that but i changed all the electronics and it's beasty now.

beasty.....squier?????

lol

thats funnier than the title...and colt .45, the rap song lol

EDIT: i think that the chrome ones have a small allen screw in the side of it, put em on the pots and then screw that small screw tight and then try it, cuz u said that it works with the other knobs so try that then hit us back with info
Last edited by Schecter-06 at May 30, 2006,
Quote by sr.rockalot
so what would i have to do if it was a pot problem?

Get new pots. Maybe new caps too. Re-do the whole wiring while you're at it if you like.
Schecter-06, are you saying that the knobs are loose? If you are then that doesn't explain the volume issue, unless it's super-crazy complex.

Also, which knob is it? Is it volume or tone (or something else)?
Quote by Will_Minus
Schecter-06, are you saying that the knobs are loose? If you are then that doesn't explain the volume issue, unless it's super-crazy complex.

Also, which knob is it? Is it volume or tone (or something else)?

lol, super crazy complexed,

yes thats what im saying, when u put it up all the way it could be spinning freely and not touching the pot at all, as it may come lose during the turn up of the volume, but i dunno....just my input, your pot is probly broken,

www.stemac.com

order a 500K Pot from them...