I don't have a great amp, so I use pedals. I am using DOD Death Metal Distortion, Digitech Grunge, and a Dunlop Crybaby. They do the job for me. Is it better to buy an amp that could replace using pedals? If so, which amp?
My pedal is kind of ****, it's a Danelectro DAB Metal. It's pretty good for the price, I suppose, it sounds ok.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Yeah. The magical amp of Rah. I hear its in King Tut's arms.

Any amp that has even QUALITY effects either costs 5 or 6 grand, or isnt worth buying. Trust me, pedals were invented to a reason.

EDIT: Oh, I have Boss Tremolo, DS-2 Turbo distortion, Bad Horsie 2 wah, and some Zoom multi-effects stuff.
I dont have any yet, but im gonna get a wah-wah edal and distortion pedal. dont know which ones though.
Yea I use pedals to offer me a variety of effects to color a song.

I use:
Morley Wah/Volume (soon to be replaced by Ernie Ball Volume and a Dunlop Wah)
Digitech Synth Wah
Digitech Grunge (hardly used, gonna sell and get an OD pedal)
Boss Compression/Sustainer
iSP Decimator
Digitech RP200A
No one on this board knows what they are talking about, a Line 6 Spyder will give you fantastic effectts and tones without pedals.

IM KIDDING. It's best to stay with an amp that does what amps are supposed to do (in my opinion): give you a decent tone, eq controls, and a volume knob. Then add pedals to modify the sound to what you want.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I do own a Spyder.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
I use
Boss Bass EQ (for a mid boost)
Ehx Double Muff Fuzz (for a rhythm overdrive on my clean channel)
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Line 6 Echo Park Delay

All into my kickass Roland Blues Cube.
Right now I have a Digitech DF-7 (a dream for distortion-sound freaks like myself, must get the exact or close to tone) and EHX Small Clone chorus through a Vox AD15VT. I use the pedals because I can't be bothered buying a footswitch.
Ibanez Tubescreamer to push the amp over the top, BOSS ME50 for delays, phaser, chorus and harmonizer, BOSS PW1 Rocker Wah b/c it has an adjustable tone range so you can actually hear it on high notes like a modded Crybaby but uses a magnetic field for teh sweep instead of pots that can go bad, its indestructable. I had a regular Morley and it basically sucked you couldnt hear teh "wah" from notes above the 12th fret, very shallow wah sounds unlike the Boss.
I have a Digitech Whammy that I bought so I could be like Jonny Greenwood. I never use it. I have a BOSS DD-3 and CH-1 that I use quite extensively, a Pro Co Rat that I use once in a while when I'm in the harsh distortion mood, a Line 6 Modulation Modeler which I use some of the time just for kicks, and a Dunlop wah I only break out for Hendrix and when I want to spice up my solos.
Hi, I'm Peter
right now my amp is a Crate GT212. i know it isnt the greatest amp in the world but it gets the job done. i actually like the distortion on the amp, but it doesnt have the tone im looking for. it does get a nice warm over drive sound similar to bands like black sabbith and even AC/DC. but i use a Digitech Metal Master for distortion, i can get a nice rectifier tone from it. and i also have a Digitech Multi Voice Chorus pedal which is actually really nice, one of the best chorus pedals ive used. and i plan on adding a Seymour Duncan SFX-01 to boost my solos and a Dunlop Wah so i can play some funk and other wah influenced songs. im not sure which model i want but i played a few at guitar center and i picked out one i liked, i just dont know the model name.
Quote by Dirk Gently
I have a Digitech Whammy that I bought so I could be like Jonny Greenwood. I never use it. I have a BOSS DD-3 and CH-1 that I use quite extensively, a Pro Co Rat that I use once in a while when I'm in the harsh distortion mood, a Line 6 Modulation Modeler which I use some of the time just for kicks, and a Dunlop wah I only break out for Hendrix and when I want to spice up my solos.

Can you send that Whammy my way, pretty please?
Digitech DF-7 and the Digitech Effects factory

those are the only 2 pedals you will ever need. EVER.

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
the whammy is pointless. the harmony mode sucks. i havent found one setting that sounds good on that piece of sh*t. i also own a boss mt2. im trading in those 2 for a boss me-50, and then getting either a weeping demon or zakk wylde wah.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Read my sig. for all my stuff. From what I've read though.... I agree with not using the whammy. I paid 425 bucks because I "had" to have it. OH Balls... anyways the rest of my pedals I use a lot minus the flanger. Can't really fit that one in. Soon to be replaced with a Boss Chorus. I say for crunch... the only way to go is to get a tube amp putting out the raw sound for your distortion. I mean hey.... I say that's the way to go. *WeRd*
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I think it's kind of a waste to get pedals unless you have the amp that you want to use for gigging.

So, until I get my Vox AC30, no pedals yet .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have a boss me-50, and recently got 4 other pedals, an isp decimator, morely tremonti wah, mxr phase 90, and a zakk wylde overdrive. I use my 4 singles if Im giggin with my amp, but if an amp is supplied, I usually just use my me-50.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
I use a Rocktron silver dragon when I want a pure thrash sound, and a boss super chorus for a more experimental sound with a heavy reverb.
Dickless.
yes its great to have pedal you can utilize, especially for modulation. i got heaps, cant be stuffed to type them
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I don't have any pedals. I have a SS amp. It has okay distortion, but not enough. I need a pedal.

Can anyone suggest me a distortion pedal that will get me almost metal distortion, but also classic rock? What about that Jakyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive/Distortion pedal? Would that be good?