Page 1 of 2
My question is about Fender amps.

Are they nice amps?

If they are which would you suggest to buy over 50 watts of power and are capable

of playing punk and metal. Also I dont want the amp to have too many effects.

If they are not good amps.

Suggest one thats at least 50 watts under $350.
Ok. Fender makes kick ass guitars. They KICK-ASS.

However, their amps are...meh... Pfft.
I would suggest for major ampage and quality Marshall, or Crate. I know there are others, but these guys know how to AMP IT UP (Action Man quote)
Fender has great amps, esspecially if your playing blues or jazz music. What's your price range?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
The only Fender that could do punk/metal sounds without a pedal is possibly the Cyber Twin, which has loads of effects, knobs, buttons, dials, etc. and isn't that user friendly. Fender tube amps have wonderful cleans. In many ways, they set the industry standard. They also produce distortions that are good for blues, garage rock, stuff that doesn't require saturation. They've tried to delve into the harder stuff with the Metal series and the M-80, but nothing ever really works out. I agree with the Marshall recommendation -- something in the JCM series, though...stay away from AVTs and MGs and anything not all tube. So for your range, probably used would be the only way to go. The only thing I can think of new for $350 that would make good metal/punk tones is the Roland Cube 60, unless you fish the used market. But then again, I'm not well-versed in inexpensive metal amps.
Hi, I'm Peter
whats ur budget?

did u mean tube or solid state watts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^^ You have to read his "quote" but he says $350. I think he added that line himself.
Hi, I'm Peter
ok yeah i see now

thread starter, if u like high gain randall has some really nice amps.

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=randall+amps
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jnl
there are no good amps for under $500. (new)

This is the email you'd receive if I were part of the UG administration, which I'm not.

Dear UGer,

If all your opinions are that stupid, please don't bother posting on this site again. Thank you.

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
This is the email you'd receive if I were part of the UG administration, which I'm not.

Dear UGer,

If all your opinions are that stupid, please don't bother posting on this site again. Thank you.

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently

shut up.
LAF, i know u are but what am i.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by amazingdm
why are so many people into metal?

all it is is...duhnduhn....duhnduhn...duhnduhn...duhn

laaame

Dear UGer,

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently

Dear UGer,

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently

my point exactly. not
I should make that a staple of my replies. I'll file it right inbetween "GOD NO!!!! NOT A MG!!!!" and "Don't get a Dual Recto, you poser."

But seriously, it's a stupid opinion that there are no good amps under $500. I have 2 amps that I bought for under $500 and one that I bought for $1,800. While in many ways you get what you pay for, you can get a great little tube amp for under $500 new. So you're just spouting useless snobbery. And the other guy's post was so blitheringly idiotic that he should be lobotomized.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at May 29, 2006,
Quote by Dirk Gently
I should make that a staple of my replies. I'll file it right inbetween "GOD NO!!!! NOT A MG!!!!" and "Don't get a Dual Recto, you poser."

But seriously, it's a stupid opinion that there are no good amps under $500. I have 2 amps that I bought for under $500 and one that I bought for $1,800. While in many ways you get what you pay for, you can get a great little tube amp for under $500 new. So you're just spouting useless snobbery. And the other guy's post was so blitheringly idiotic that he should be lobotomized.

NOT OVER 50 WATTS OF TUBE YOU DORK.
I would say I pwn3d you, but owning people is a violation of the 13th amendment. You are soooooo lucky.
Hi, I'm Peter
your all right dirk.you make me laugh so i think i like you now.
Quote by Dirk Gently

Dear UGer,

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently

You're hilarious
Quote by Dirk Gently

Dear UGer,

Very truly yours,

Dirk Gently

Dirk, why are you so awesome? Did you take lessons at pwning idiots?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
I guess I'll threadjack and try actually answer the posters question...

Trying to find a new tube amp under $500 but over 50w will be difficult. You would be better off looking for either a used tube amp or hybrid. Peavey valvekings are reasonable, B-52, Fender all can be found used for the money you're talking. New...you may consider the Vox AD100vt, which would suit you or perhaps Marshalls valvestate line (meh...)

FWIW I found this weekend...

B-52 AT100 212 combo for $550 at GC
Peavey XXL head for $350 at pawn shop
Fender blues junior for $320 at pawn shop (only 15w but sweet tone)
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by amazingdm

laaame

*flames*

*looks around*

Beaten. Fine. Dirk si t3h win.
Quote by amazingdm

laaame

amazingdm rocks because he thinks metal is crap YAY...
Unlike most people who posted here im going to answer the threadstarter

I say get a Fender amp, they are the pwnage. Most people here probobly already own Marshalls and Line6 amps which is why they suggest you buy them. Iv tryed all and let me tell you, Fender amps are quality, i recommend you get an 80W, they are great and are ass rapingly loud, my freind played a gig with one and had to keep volume on 2 because otherwise it would drown out everything else

So in conclusion, go for a Fender, they are great amps and you know your getting quality.
Hey...I STARTED by answering his question. I just don't think he'll get a Fender that's good for metal or punk at $350.
Quote by auranos
Dirk, why are you so awesome? Did you take lessons at pwning idiots?

You know I'd be shirking my duty as an obnoxious prick if I didn't sig that.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Hey...I STARTED by answering his question. I just don't think he'll get a Fender that's good for metal or punk at $350.

You know I'd be shirking my duty as an obnoxious prick if I didn't sig that.

Just mod it with a pedal, its a small inconvience in comparision to the awesomness of a Fender amp. Metal or punk needs an in your face , ball grabingly loud amp
Quote by Danno13
^Do you never run out of Sig space? My god...

I'm currently developing a way to sig the Magna Carta in shorthand.
Hi, I'm Peter
ive been looking at the valvetronix series on vox and i wondered which would be loud enough to play over a hard hitting drummer?
If you're going for metal or harder distortions, the Roland Cube is better than the Vox or Fender. Fender FM amps aren't all that great. The Vox Valvetronix AD50VT and up are good amps. The smaller ones suffer from S. S. S. -- **** speaker syndrome.
Hi, I'm Peter
I've got a Fender Champion 300 DSP..it sounds very good and covers a wide range of sounds: from blues, to rock, to metal etc.. it has got 6 effects with 16 combinations possible and I'm really satisfied with it..the amp can get very loud and he has the classic fender clean tone..really amazing..the buzz problem depends mainly on the pickups you're using..with humbucker you should have no problem..
Dirk Gently... you are an exemplary UG member
we should all strive to be so
Quote by iloveboobs99
what im a pig bcuz i like boobs. Ok who here like boobs! just wonderin. i do

Quote by Shoestick
Never has there been a time more in need of a smiley that pops a boner.

tee hee

check this out 4 real
Page 1 of 2