i was considering getting an ibanez sa120, as a second guitar that wuold last a long time and be worth the money.. is it a good choice?
check out the sz series..theyre realllly nice and play well.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
the SA are not one of ibanez's better guitars, especially the 120.

The SA120 is not a good guitar at all. Very cheap low quality trem, and god awful pickups aswell. And upgrades to make it better would have to double the initial amount of money spent on it.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
the SA are not one of ibanez's better guitars, especially the 120.

The SA120 is not a good guitar at all. Very cheap low quality trem, and god awful pickups aswell. And upgrades to make it better would have to double the initial amount of money spent on it.

i agree, the only good thing about it is the body is mahogany and it has a Wizard II neck. which is basically a RG321 but cheaper and without the modifacations. like i said before, look into a SZ320.
Ok, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was also looking into a SA, but I am also considering an IC400.

The Ic400 is a bit pricey and I want to consider much more before buying it. I have an experienced friend and he hates the IC400 (he said that it will buy me a lesson, due to the crappiness of the IC) and highly recommends me get another ibanez, but I am on a budget and hopefully the IC400 will last me for a long long time, until I get pro and can buy 10 guitars!

So should I get an IC400 or another guitar, like the SZ, S, or RG Prestige.
Quote by Invictious
Ok, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was also looking into a SA, but I am also considering an IC400.

The Ic400 is a bit pricey and I want to consider much more before buying it. I have an experienced friend and he hates the IC400 (he said that it will buy me a lesson, due to the crappiness of the IC) and highly recommends me get another ibanez, but I am on a budget and hopefully the IC400 will last me for a long long time, until I get pro and can buy 10 guitars!

So should I get an IC400 or another guitar, like the SZ, S, or RG Prestige.

dude, youve got a whole thread on the IC400, if i remember correctly its like three pages long. like i posted in that one, the IC400 is a really good guitar for what you want. and your friend probally said that from his opinion on the guitar. if you like it, get it. but if you dont, look into the SZ series, mainly the SZ320 since your on a budget.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
are there any sa series guitars that are good?

well the only down side to the high end SA guitars is the trem. if you replace it with one of those fixed coverter bridges or replace the tuners with locking tuners, then youll be fine. the good high ends are SA2120FM, SA260FM, and the SAS36FM. but if you want a trem your better off with the S series and if you want a fixed bridge, look into the SZ series.
Ive tried an Ibanez SAS32 that was a nice guitar so I think it may be OK the SA120 I'm not one hundred percent sure so don't hold me to that.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
ok i at first thought my guitar WAS an sa120, because it had the same looking pickups, (i dont know the actual type cuz i have no freaking idea where they are labeled, id probably have to take my guitar apart to find out) and they look like the ones on the 2120 as well, but the fretboard's inlays on my guitar are just the normal dots, and dont have the special inlay that the 2120 has.. but, the regular 120s dont have a flamed maple body, and my guitar definately has a flamed maple body... but the problem is, i have no freaking idea what guitar it is becuase the site does not show any 120 or 2120 with the color of my guitar, which is like a dark blue, maybe a slight lavender in the right light.. like the sa260's transparent lavender blue...i have no freakin idea what any of the exact labels for the p ups and the bridge or anything are, so if anyone could actually help on that, or at least help me to figure out where to see the pickup labels, i would appreciate it alot....
alot....
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Jun 4, 2006,
and i know what you're thinkin, "what kind of idiot buys a guitar without seeing what model it is, and checking it out" well, it was a gift, so im dumbfounded.
I have an Ibanez SA260FM. The trem isnt all that bad, but dont expect to do Floyd Rose stuff on it, its alright for light vibratoes though. Otherwise, pretty good guitar for me.
Ive got an SA160 and its actually a good guitar. Im about to make it my secondary/backup, but its really nice. VERY versitile, only downside is the trem, don't expect to be doing huge divebombs on it.
what music do you like? what amp do you have? how much you willing to spend? imo you could probably get a better deal
I used to have an sa120 i liked it. It wasnt awesome or anything but i had no problem with it. I sold it to my buddy now i have an sas32exfm. Everyone says the sa tremolos are **** but as long as ur not doing massive dive bombs with the bar right down mine seem to stay in tune. Sometimes my g and b slip but i pull the bar the other way and they seem to slip back perfectly. I havent turned a tuner in weeks and its still in tune.
The SA120 is a fine guitar, the trem is crap though. Stock pick-ups aren't bad.