I was thinking about getting a Fender Stratocaster and changing the pickups to make it an even more kickass and versatile guitars. I was thinking of putting a Dimarzio HS-3 or a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail for the bridge. What do you think of em? Any other choices? What other pickups should I put for the middle and neck? Texas Specials? I play Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Prog, Funk and a bit of Jazz and Country. Gear in sig.
If you want max gain, I think a DiMarzio Chopper is hotter than the Hot Rails. I know for a fact (since I've owned one) it's hotter than the HS-3. The HS-3 is an ok pickup, nothing great. Medium output, rolled off treble. The Chopper on the other hand, keeps up with my Paul Reed Smith HFS and Vintage Bass pickups on a modded Strat I did. You could also take a look at the Strat set that Seymour Duncan offers, which is a combo of the lil 59, duckbucker, and lil JB.

BTW for ultimate versatility, replace your standard 8 tab switch with a 20 tab switch, that way you can get coil tapping in the 2 and 4 positions, which gives the guitar a classic Strat or Tele sound.
Hi, I'm Peter
why dont you look at an HSS strat? so you get a chunky distortion from the bridge humbucker, and crisp, clean tone from the single coils. if you need to..an emg in the bridge. idk much about single coils, sorry
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt