hi guys i was just wandering if u could give me some suggestions...
i have in mind the dimarzio evolution for the bridge and the tone zone for the neck or the paf pro in the neck....
or a pearly gates in the neck and a alnico 2 or V in the bridge.
so if any f u guys have this combinations or similar and can let me know how do u feel with them ill be pretty happy .
if anyone can upload some sound clip for me it would be greaT!!!(the sound clips in the site's really suck) -_-.
thx!
those two sets would give you completely different guitars...so...what kind of sound are you actually looking for?
Hi, I'm Peter
The evo will pick up imperfections in your playing. Make sure you've got your chops together before you drop one of those in.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
I would go with the Evo bridge and then gear your neck pickup to whatever other sound you're looking for. What other "variety" are we talking about?
Hi, I'm Peter
well hmmm i like to play nirvana, metallica, neil zaza, bah some blues thats why i want variety.
and my guitar is a schecter c1 exotic so its body is in mahogany with maple top.
thx!!
the reason i wanna change them is cuz i get like a lot of echo when i play, i think thats called feedback i dont know.
what amp are u using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
is not the best amp for the sound i want i know it but i brought it for only 100 bucks...
its a peavey studio pro 112 transtube series, im aiming to get a new amp soon after i get the pups.
ok why would i have 2 diferrent guitars if i get the evo and tonezone?, evo will be in the bridge but i want a sweet sound in the neck so they can mix well.
ur feedback is probably from ur amp.

and ull want a neck pickup that gives good cleans. if ur going dimarzio then look at the air norton, or paf pro neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Stop triple posting! You'll get your answers, just wait.

IMO, if you want versatility, the EVO is not the way to go. It's basically a shred and shred only pickup.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the pups till you upgrade your amp, as the real characteristics of the pickups only come through on good amp.
^yeah, i was thinking the same things.

TS do u live in the states?

and AMP AMP AMP
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah i know the amp is changing soon, but first the pups cuz i play with a friend and he has a double rec , so im going to see the difference. ill prolly get an 401 or something. but for the pups, ok the evo not for versatility, but if i mix it with a good sweet pickup, i think i could get a good sound.

but lets assume i dont want the evo(i still want it), what other good combinations can be good for rock music and variety? thx guys!!!
hmm what about the tone zone, i think it will be more balanced and can do the job. what do u think, tone zone + fred, tz + paf pro or tz + air norton?. thx!!!
Unless you are deadset on a DiMarzio pickup, look into a Duncan JB, I use one and it is a very versatile pickup, it gives good crunch, amazing cleans, and is perfect for just a little overdrive, and that's pretty good for a bridge pickup. But I am saying the JB from presonal use, the Custom Custom would also be a good choice, both paired with either the Jazz of '59 would sound great.
Quote by Gman400
my instrincts tell me big boobs=more estrogen=more bitc* or big boobs=more silicone=less woman=more slut=great sex=genital warts

It's MySpace
im not crazy about the 59'

the custom custom is a good rock n roll pup, but not heavy enough in his bridge.
and the jb has alot of treble, not very versatile. but high output.

of those, for him, im guess the tone zone. as it has as much output as the jb but with more bass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62