I like to use bar chords, but on acoustic especially, after about a minute and a half my hand is tired as hell and hurts really bad. What's a good exercise to strengthen endurance for bar chords?
Doing barre chords.

Simple.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
Just keep doing lots of bar chords. just like guitar_man_guy said, simple
...:::The Master Chief :::...
It's simple, but try playing the piano part for "These Eyes" on a guitar. God, it hurts. That reminds me I've got to put that on here.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I have a similar problem. Whenever I jam with people my hand usually kills after like an hour or two. It's those damn barre chords when you play the rhythm part...

But I've noticed it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.
Also, the closer you keep your index finger to the fret the less force you have to apply meaning using less stamina etc.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW
Also, the closer you keep your index finger to the fret the less force you have to apply meaning using less stamina etc.

Yes. That reminds me, thats a good tip for someone starting out. When you are doing barre cords
Inaudible Melodies by Jack Johnson is a great song to work on barre chords with. That's basically all the song is, and it's a cool song to boot
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----