My Laney head is having some issues. I've been using it only on clean settings for the past two weeks, as I'm playing at my HS's graduation (even though I'm still a sophomore...eh?) and we're only doing clean stuff. So anyways, I dialed in plenty of gain, flicked the gain switch?and so on and so forth. AH! Fuck! It's all gritty! I asked my mom, and she said that it sounded like something was "off." An acute observation. The best description of the sound I'm getting is "gritty," and not in a good way. It's a Laney GH50 through a Carvin Legacy 212.

Note: I got it used of ebay, and I believe it's a '97.

I'm a total noob when it comes to tubes. My suspicion is that I need new tubes. What kind of tubes should I be purchasing? Check my profile for the various musical genres I'm into.

I'm looking for a power metal (Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray), Paul Gilbert kind of tone. Plenty of gain, but not overly.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
^NOT GROOVE TUBES! THEY SUCK!

I'm warning you...

GO JJ's, or EH. Personally I like EH preamp tubes, and JJ power tubes, but both are nice.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
www.tubestore.com

They have ratings for all sorts of tubes and sell them at good prices. I like the EH preamp tubes as well. Mesa/Boogie tubes are also pretty good. Mine have lasted me forever, and they come with a 6 month warranty.
Hi, I'm Peter