Have those days where your hand just won't obey. I have these days where my hand cramps up all the time, and I can't stand to play guitar. It frustrates the hell out of me. If anyone has this problem, what do you do to stretch it out?
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
I always try and crack my knuckles before playing to loosen up and if I'm still having trouble, I just wave them around a little and flex my fingers until I'm comfortable.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I think it was from not getting enough sleep but today it seemed I couldn't play anything without missing strings/wrong frets it seemed my fingers were weaker, rather frustrating
I had a day like that today. The heat had my hands sweaty and clamy, and i was messing up left and right
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Must have just been in the air today. Thanks for the responses, and keep them coming, cause I don't want this to happen when I'm on stage in the middle of a solo or something, you know?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
It won't happen in the middle of a solo... it's a thing you wake up with at the beginning of the day. It doesn't instantly appear then go away... you have to work it out since it was "worked in" overnight. Everybody has these days, your body doesn't run the same every day.
Looking for my India/Django.
But it's really happening a lot lately. I'm not saying that it is going to start happening when I play a solo, but if the day of the show my hand is being a bitch, I want to know what to do.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Be more healthy and go to bed early. Seriously, the later I go to bed, therefore the less I sleep, the ****tier I play guitar! Also, when I haven't eaten well in a while (ie. junkfood and nothing else) my hands don't have the right energy. You can basically still try to counter it.. But it's better to prevent than to heal.

Things you can try while you're hands aren't working properly.. New scales, you can always try those slow. Also, you can work on creating slow riffs/licks/songs or learning some. Not everything is 240bpm 16th notes you know (no offence meant btw) Maybe learning some music theory in the time you're not playing?

But whatever you do, don't overdo it! Better a ****ty day than a ****ty hand from overdoing it!
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
i think everyone gets those days...and your right..it sucks.. but if i have a day where i just keep F***in everythin up.. i just leave for a while..come back and try again..hopefully rock the sh** out of it :P
Wow. Most of you sound like you're in big knots of tension all the time. You sure
you aren't "messin up left and right" even on a good day?

After even a minimal warmup you should never get cramps if you're relaxed and
playing fluidly. The only reason you do is because of excessively squeezing strings,
pick or other tensions.

Yeah, you'll have up and down days. That's just the way it is. But, when you get
things right in practice your ups are higher and your downs are not so low.
Massage your forearm with warm lotion then move onto your hands....it also doesn't hurt to take a day off every couple weeks, let's your muscle recoup and rekindles your interest
strech your hands and arms
if that doesn't work, just try again after an hour or so

'tis life