Hey !

I've read so much on UG forums that its best to use shorter cables to connect your guitar, effects, etc. to preserve tone. I'm wondering how you guys would connect stuff in a situation like mine...

I have an amp with an effects loop ( seperate send and return ), effects that go before the amp like a wah and within the send and return like a delay. Now, I want both the wah and the delay pedal right near my feet for obvious reasons. Should i go this way ?

Guitar -> 6 ft. cable -> wah on pedal board -> 10 ft. cable -> into amp
Amp' send -> 10 ft. cable -> Delay pedal on board -> 10 ft. cable -> Amp's return

Any suggestions how I can eliminate the 10 ft cables connecting the delay ? can I have the pedal board close to the amp and go back and forth near the amp to turn on/off the delay pedal ?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
its really not a big deal at all if your using quality cable...i cant tell a difference at all between my 3 footer and my 25 footer...i can tell a difference between my yellow tip 10 dollar special and my Monster Rock Gold cable
So, you're saying its ok, to have 40 ft of cable between my guitar and effects ? How do people manage in a situation like mine ? I can see only one cable connecting the guitar to the pedal board in all live videos !!

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield