Last.fm is crap for trying to find out genres. It all just gets tagged emo. Everything, from Fall Out Boy to Pink Floyd.
I love Anberlin, they're amazing. "Never Take Friendship Personal" is an awesome CD! Have you got "Blueprints for the Black Market"? I don't really care what genre they're considered to be honest. I'd say they're one of the recent breed of darker pop-punk bands like Jimmy Eat World and Armor For Sleep.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Anberlin is a great band lol! and yeah i think i agree with bassnewbie, i think they're pop-rock.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Anberlin's awesome. "Readyfuels" has the coolest intro. I guess pop-rock is right. My friend said they're Christian, but I think he's crazy.
Quote by adm.uk
Last.fm is crap for trying to find out genres. It all just gets tagged emo. Everything, from Fall Out Boy to Pink Floyd.

Yeah but if it's a BS genre its in small writing...it may say emo in size 6 text on the pink floyd page for example but the biggest words there are
progressive rock psychedelic classic rock
Never Take Friendship Personal is a great cd. I listened to that cd for like 4 weeks straight. Awesome stuff. I have no idea what genre I'd put them in though =\

And yeah, they are a Christian band.
Quote by BumOffBarney
Never Take Friendship Personal is a great cd. I listened to that cd for like 4 weeks straight. Awesome stuff. I have no idea what genre I'd put them in though =\

And yeah, they are a Christian band.

Ya, but they aren't in the Christian genre. As in they don't really sing about how much they love Jesus. They just happen to be religious, and play music. Which happens t be awesome music
Quote by neidnarb11890
Ya, but they aren't in the Christian genre. As in they don't really sing about how much they love Jesus. They just happen to be religious, and play music. Which happens t be awesome music

I would consider them in the Christian genre because they are under a Christian label. It's really more of an oppinion though.
Quote by Eh Canadians?
I would consider them in the Christian genre because they are under a Christian label. It's really more of an oppinion though.

Naa, that's like saying that because Linkin Park and R.E.M. are both signed to Warner Brothers that R.E.M. are rap metal
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Whoever thinks Anberlin is pop rock.... go hurt yourself, because they sound nothing like crappy bands like The Click Five, Fall Out Boy, or Weezer.

They are definately Emo/ Alternative/ Rock. They are way too Hard to be "Pop Rock"

And if you dont think they are Christian then you are obviously dumb and Never listened "Cadence" on their first album click here for lyrics

and Paperthin Hymn has a very deep message if you fully listen to it