Hey...i've got a cheap Squier p-bass special (p and j pickups) and i plan to upgrade my pickups. i play from sum 41 to trivium so i want a pickup tht fits all...companies i 've looked at r EMG and Seymour Duncan...wht do u guys recommend?
depends whether you want active or passive, i dont think a 9v battery would fit in the control cavity of a bass like that, and if youre into those bands i dont reckon you would want the super hifi tone an active emg pickup has. i would go for a SD SJB-2 hot jazz for the j, and a SPB-3 quarter pound for the p position.

also what type of amp do you play?
i recently put some seymour duncan quarter pound pickups in my yamaha rbx170 (p-j configuration) and they're great, wonderful punchy sound, what amp do you use?
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
i've got some crap 15 w Amp tht just has the basics...i want a 30w
do you play in a band or anything?
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
yeah...we play at school...they've got massive amps..so dw bout the amps...i think they're marshall...
Quote by h0d0g
Hey...i've got a cheap Squier p-bass special (p and j pickups) and i plan to upgrade my pickups. i play from sum 41 to trivium so i want a pickup tht fits all...companies i 've looked at r EMG and Seymour Duncan...wht do u guys recommend?

how much are you looking to spend on pickups, IMO if your spending a fair bit on pickups, you might as well buy a new bass alltogether, like the fender equivelent of your squire. You won't be dissapointed, trust me.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
dude...i like my bass it;s sexy and cool...and if i want a new one..i would go for an ibanez...why cant someone recommend me a pickup...thts all i want lol...but i definitely want passive pickups
Last edited by h0d0g at Jun 1, 2006,
You've got some nice recommendations allready...
Seymour Duncan, EMG, Bartolini...

I'm probably going to put Bartolini's in my Squier... (same P/J config like you)
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...