Fear Factory and The Prodigy jumped into bed with my guitar playing, and this is what happened.

Theres also more than a little berzerker influence.

http://nms.dmusic.com - "Not A Tangent"

This actually honestly a song that gets better the more you turn it up, so feel free to.
Last edited by Freepower at Jun 13, 2006,
Tone didn't really do much to help this, imo. Wasnt nearly crunchy enough, though it had a kind of electronic quality which worked very well, the more i listen, the more it tends to grow on me.

Loved the backing thing, uber heavy drums with random techno noises.

Your vibratoless ph thing or nh, is quite interesting, to say the least.

Liked the main riff, very industrial, but that might be the drums.

Nice sweepage at the end, it worked quite well to make this get abuot twice as industrial, perfectly on beat, perfectly off key, beautiful, and clean as ****.

Were those standard arps or random shapes? i coudlnt really tell on the listen i gave it, they were quite quiet, but at a perfect volume, if you know what i mean,

Nice to have the fp we know andl ove back, excellent song, i'll ask for a crit once i put up my new one, if thats cool.

And what did you use for drums?
Rofl dude I love your stuff like this.

Its just so...out there for some reason. Yea you don't hear much like it and I totally dig it. I agree with pookoo on the rhythm tone.
wow, I liked this one a lot especially the cool squealy bits. Riffs were really cool, and the percussion was really effective. Overall, its like... severely weird and awesomly cool. Neat riff at the end too. *applauds*
Quote by PooKoo
Your vibratoless ph thing or nh, is quite interesting, to say the least.

Around 1min in? Thats just feedback, people were out of the house so i got to turn up.

In that song, some of the squeals are high PHs, some are "behind the nut" screams, some are PH double stops, getting the 3rd overtone on one string and getting "a really high one" on another, doing vibrato on the high one and getting a nice weird noise from it. So theres plenty of variation!

If anyone's interested in a tab for this song, or something approaching it, i might be able to get it together... Anyone interested?

Quote by PooKoo
Were those standard arps or random shapes? i coudlnt really tell on the listen i gave it, they were quite quiet, but at a perfect volume, if you know what i mean,

Nice to have the fp we know and love back, excellent song, i'll ask for a crit once i put up my new one, if thats cool.

And what did you use for drums?

The arps are 5 string C shapes with the occasional tap and with bizarre legato. I've always prefered to hammeron a 4th at the top of sweep arps rather than a 5th, it's a smoother turn-around and its not as obviously arpeggic any more.

The progression is basically Dm, Cmaj, Edim. Although its four bars long, i think i added some random stuff in there.

The drums - Fruity loops and a bunch of severely nasty sounds i've found from around. Doesnt quite beat the time i used sampled bombs instead of kick drums, i should really put a "FP does noise" song together and blow all your shred obsessed minds into tiny pieces.
Kinda neat, i liked the electronic sounds. The PH sounded odd though.
Read my post. Not this.
first time i have properly heard you play man its awsome stuff, it reminds me a bit of IA for some reason proberly just the industrial trype thing but still awsome *thumbs up*
also how do you do these behind the nut screams, it intrigues me
Originally posted by dave_c2k2
Just shout really loud...

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
Hi freepower, i must say. i just love your track!!! the sound, the beat, the tempo. its just perfect!! i have a few industrial tracks but nothing compared that thing!
well done!!

maybe you would like to comment on a couple of mine?

@ http://neptune.dmusic.com/
I like the drums. Allthough, you had that bomb sample there way too often. The riffs were good, but quite repetitive. IMO the PH's didn't sound very good. I'd love to hear some vocals here. Loved the sweeping bits in the end.