I know I certainly miss the old days (when I say old days, I mean the GLAM days of the 80's.) I'm tired of all these new bands out there. In my opinion, there's very few rock bands that are good today. You compare these new bands to the older rock bands and there's just no comparison. It seems like radio stations are trying to avoid all these new albums by bands like Skid Row, Dokken and Scorpions. I think it's time for this older music to strike back. I wanna hear decent music with lead solos again!
Erm... Why post this in the METAL forum?

Classic Rock Forum bud.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Erm... Why post this in the METAL forum?

Classic Rock Forum bud.

Sorry about that. Can someone please move this to the proper forum?
Quote by sadistic_monkey
How many modern bands do you listen to, apart from the ones on mainstream anything?

I listen to Creed, Alter Bridge (the newer form of Creed), Nickelback, Revis, and Three Doors Down. I must say, I love Nickelback's new album. Neon Knight, there's no sense in posting ridiculous, pointless replies. If you look "bitch" up in the dictionary, you should quickly notice that it is a female dog, so what sense does it make to call someone a bitch?
Last edited by Rock 24/7 at May 30, 2006,
Quote by Rock 24/7
I listen to Creed, Alter Bridge (the newer form of Creed), Nickelback, Revis, Three Doors Down. I must say, I love Nickelback's new album. Neon Knight, there's no sense in posting ridiculous, pointless replies. If you look "bitch" up in the dictionary, you should quickly notice that it is a female dog, so what sense does it make to call someone a bitch?
I'm gonna assume you just turned on MTV and there they were. There are other, far superior, modern bands out there. You actually do have to look.
Quote by Rock 24/7
I listen to Creed, Alter Bridge (the newer form of Creed), Nickelback, Revis, Three Doors Down. I must say, I love Nickelback's new album.

ASIDE from mainsteam i belive he said. Yea, i agree, as would most any guitarist that the rightous solos of old are missed, but i dont really think that 80's rock will make a comeback, just look for more modern stuff with solos and busy riffs, and super cheesy lyrics... and shredding, lots of it. Hell, make your own band like this even better.
A lot of modern emo rock bands take a lot of things from 80's rock. Problem is most of them are s'h'i't'e, they just think by putting some Iron maiden style guitar harmonys with girley 'emotional' vocals they are gonna be rock legends!. Just boybands in disguise.
forget 80's stuff....go back further.....much better
listen to greenhornes (newish band but old influences)
I don't one bit. One hit wonder era.

Classic Rock Forum, maybe even 80's Rock, Shred and Prog Forum...
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
lol

i think you should look a little deeper, check out Nevermore if you want some guitar solos
dont just watch tv..
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
deffo 80s rock shred and prog, Skid Row and Dokken deffo go there anyways
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
yes, this definitely belongs in the 80s/shred forum not the classic or the emo forum
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Why the hell is this in the metal forum?

Sorry, my bad. It's my first time posting on here. Didn't know there was a 80's forum. I'll be sure to check it out, though.