Here's the lineup of my band. We have three guitarists (one of which is good at acoustic, and one who is good at keyboard), a bass, and I'm the drummer. The problem is, we tried one song, and the verses and chorus by itself sounded okay. But the transitions in between were horrible. I always say it's because I'm the only one who knows sheet music, but they don't seem to think learning it will help. ANy ideas?
drums and bass are the 'rhythm section' for good reason. If they dont read notation they will have to spend longer on songs. Also they need to reherse for a good while before having an instinct between each other for the changes.

Even something as simple as counting to four beats in the bar is often overlooked by beginners!. I would reccommend you give them guitar pro and download songs from U.G. or compose the parts and tell them to practise together at a slow speed and build it up gradually.
Learning to read music wont be useful. Only 1 member of our 5 piece band can read music and we all keep in time. It just sounds like you havnt practiced the song well enough.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
pretty much if someone isnt getting the changes right, they have never practiced playing the whole song through by themselves. insist on this, and if sheet music is not possible, i highly recommend at least a chord chart with the changes from verse to chorus clearly indicated. maybe use asterisks to indicate a fill or a certain riff. and make sure the drummer has this chart too, it's even more important for him because he controls the dynamic changes, and you don't want him playing loud where he's supposed to play quiet or whatever.
first of all think that it would be alot harder for them to learn that..
as learning to read drums is alot easier than notes..

make the 3 guitarists work together on their rythem...
4\4 3\4 2\4 basic **** first

and then things like 5\4 7\8 and things like that...

and you work with the bass player on the rythem..

just remember that rythem is that foundation of music (sounds so awful)
all the other theoretical **** comes after that.
first of all think that it would be alot harder for them to learn that.. as learning to read drums is alot easier than notes..

learn what? sheet music or chord charts? chord charts are retardedly easy. and read drums...? proofread dude
Quote by Dan Steinman
learn what? sheet music or chord charts? chord charts are retardedly easy. and read drums...? proofread dude

not chord charts... that's is easy
im talking about reading notes... like... solos and ****..
if they have things a bit more advanced than playing chords..