I generally listen to quite 'wierd' music eg. King Crimson, Opeth, Meshuggah, Voivod, Porcupine Tree, TMV, plus a whole lot of jazz, mainly late '50s on. I'm not looking to change my taste in music but I realise this isn't the sort of stuff you use for background music a parties and stuff. It would be be cool if someone could give me some recommendations on some tasteful rock music. I like Jeff Buckley a lot although I'm not necessarily looking for music that sounds like him.

Cheers
"The only reason for mastering technique is to make sure the body does not prevent the soul from expressing itself." - La Meri
Maybe Muse? They claim one of their influences to be Jeff Buckley.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
If you like Jeff Buckley because he's a great singer I can reccommend you about 90 singers that are just plain awesome.

For now try the band Ours and their singer Jimmy Gnecco. The guy has amazing pipes.
I think Jeff Buckley's a great singer but quite a good musician as well; I don't like him just for his voice. I really dig the influence of jazz in his music. I'm prob looking for something a bit softer than Muse or Tool.
Thanks guys
"The only reason for mastering technique is to make sure the body does not prevent the soul from expressing itself." - La Meri
Vital Remains.

Primus.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.