I just got introduced to some older Underoath, and I must say, I find it actually a lot more hardcore and enjoyable than I thought I would.

Their first two albums really have dark, undertones to them, and are pretty gridcore, while The Changing of Times got more hardcorish, and although They're Only Chasing Safety is their most successful thus far and is good in my opinion, I think their new album should be one of their best, hardcore-wise.

Also, I just gave Spencer's old band, "This Runs Through", a listen, and from what I hear on Purevolume, I think they sound really good. I have to give Spencer props for his deep scream on some of their tracks, I never knew he had such a good range.

Any comments/flames lol?
Why would you talk about the older albums and then talk about Spencer? Dallas Taylor was the original screamer. I'm not flaming you, you should just know.

Spencer is using his This Runs Through vocal styles on the new album, but I don't know if I like that. Dallas was one of the original members that gave Underoath its original sound, and seeings as how there's only one original member left, I'm not so sure I like the idea of abandoning the Dallas Taylor imitation.
^ there is 2....

anyways i love the changing of times. the keyboarding and the lyrics are just wow.

i didn't know spencer had a former band. im gonna check that out right now
As most people will say,
Old Underoath > New Underoath
Though I bear the new stuff, it's just not as memorable and overall great as the old albums.
This Runs Through is actually a great band too, I wish I saw more of what Spencer did in that band, transfer over to Underoath.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Yeah I love Spencer's vocals.
He has a wide range.
Dallas had a more raw scream, but Spencer's are great overall.
I love They're Only Chasing Safety. It's short, snappy and full of melody and screams. It's my "letting off steam" album.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
I love They're Only Chasing Safety. It's short, snappy and full of melody and screams. It's my "letting off steam" album.

Yeah that's what I like it for as well. I could listen to Young And Aspiring and Boy Brushed Red just over and over and over again.

Quote by SilentSpectacle

This Runs Through is actually a great band too, I wish I saw more of what Spencer did in that band, transfer over to Underoath.

Yeah apparently this album is supposed to be a lot more metal, and Spencer's screams are ringing more true to his This Runs Through days.

I'm quite anxious.
its fair too say i like all of underOATHS stuff, the new albums really grown on me quite a lot. i like it better than "they're only chasing.." but i like changing of times too. anybody seen them live? if they do a UK tour i might want to go if they put on a good show.
rites of nothing.
I didn't like the new one as much as Chasing and I prefer the vocals on it too.

I can't stand the bit in A Love So Pure when Dallas sings about loving Jesus.
TRT is an awesome band. I kinda wish Spencer had stuck with thm a while longer, too. But Define the Great Line sounds a lot like TRT and I finally have respect for Spencer in UnderOATH.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Define the Great line is gonna be amazing, Spencer's vocals sound almost completely different from "They're only chasing Safety". It was a good album, though.

More power to Christian Rock....regardless of if you guys like or support it, I loves it.....
I prefer Spencer's vocals to Dallas's. Dallas was a good front man and I did enjoy his screaming, but there wasn't much depth to it. It was the same stagnant scream over and over again. I also prefer Spencer live to Dallas, even though I was only able to see UO live once while Dallas was in the band. I just think Spencer has a better stage presence.

And this new album is by far my favorite of all the UO cd's. I'm glad Tim and Josh (??) picked up their guitar playing and showed more of their ability rather than release the same "generic" stuff that TOCS reminds me of.
Spencer actually has a great voice and a great scream. His duo vocals with the drummer from Underoath sound really nice. Im a fan of the new Underoath over the old, the old is only good for Im in the mood really.
Underoath live is good in some ways, an bad in the other..
Because of they're only chasing safety, they've gotten very popular which birngs bad crowds that are really rowdy and have gay push moshes. They play their instruments live pretty well, but during their set at warped I left because the crowd was ridiculous.
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
Does anyone have any good quality (192+) versions of any This Runs Through tracks that are not on the EP?

I have "A Prayer Upon Arrival" in 256kbs and the EP in 192kbs that I could upload if anyone can help.
If it's the same person doing the background screams as on I've Got Ten Friends..., then it's the guitarist with the braces.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
^ yep, its tim mctague doing the backing scream...if you watch any of their live shows you can see it.
MY GEAR:

1986 Epiphone Sheraton
1979 Yamaha acoustic
Marshall JCM 2000 dsl 50
Orange 2x12 cabinet
Ernie Ball VP
Boss DD-5
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss T-Wah
Dallas Taylor should have left earlier. It was all random bland ****.

But whatever.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by bemerboy
in casting such a thin shadow and returning empy handed there's a second screamer that doesnt' sound like spencer... i might be wrong but i think its a different guy, i think its either tim or chris

Can you give a rough time estimation of this other screamer in Returning Empty-Handed?
Quote by Zamboni
I'm pretty sure that's his voice, just singing lower?

Yeah I think so too. And I think he meant around 4:38
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by StuartR
Does anyone have any good quality (192+) versions of any This Runs Through tracks that are not on the EP?

I have "A Prayer Upon Arrival" in 256kbs and the EP in 192kbs that I could upload if anyone can help.

would you upload that would be wonderful
Quote by bemerboy
the song doesn't even go to 4:38

The demo versions that were leaked were mistitled so hes actually talking about a different song.
I got to see Underoath live once back in the day with Dallas. It was pretty terrible...the lead guitarist couldn't play "The Last" for ****. Especially the intro.
But I still like aod and cries...as far as the album recordings. Seeing them live back then is a different story.
Spencer does have a better vocal range than Dallas. I like Spencer for his deep screams and I like Dallas for his raw, biting screams.
i watched some vidoes on youtube and i think that spencer is a much better and talented screamer than dallas...
dallas has one deep tone and spencer has a wide range of screams
but i'm glad that the new album has gotten a lot heavier kinda like the changing of times
^i love dallas taylor and i love spencer chamberlain...i think they both have a great vocals, just different styles......just putting that out there
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
I hate Dallas Taylors vocals, he kills old Underoath IMO, but I do like him in Maylene for some reason.