is it just me or do you guys feel the same way, esp guitars a over priced and over rated. i mean read this

specs: M-II NECK-THRU
MSRP: $2,999
? NECK-THRU-BODY CONSTRUCTION
? 25.5? SCALE
? ALDER BODY
? 3 PIECE MAPLE NECK
? ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
? DOT INLAYS W/ESP AT 12TH FRET
? EMG 81 ACTIVE PICKUPS
? VOLUME CONTROL W/3-WAY TOGGLE
? BLACK HARDWARE
? ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE
? 24 XJ FRETS
FINISHES:
? BLACK (BLK)

i mean thats kinnda a rip off for two emg-81's and a three ways selector with only one volume control.... see for yourself here.....
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_standard.html

what do you guys think
My Guitars.....
Ibanez custom Rg 5 EX 1
Ibanez S-classic(SCA220)
Ibanez Js1000 Limited Edition
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Dean Dime-O-Flage
Fender Telecaster
Fender custom Strat
Gibson SG
Jackson RR5
Gibson Les Paul
VG Strat
Yeah, overrated and overpriced, but that standard looks purty damn sexy.

EDIT: Ah, I thought you were talking about the Les Paul-shaped one. Nevermind.
Marshall MG100HDFX

Originally posted by Steve Cropper
The three things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards.
^Yea, actual ESPs are handcrafted with quality wood in Japan. Almost, worth the money I'd say...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

$2999 is the MSRP. You can usually get that guitar for less than $2000 - abou the same price you'd pay for a top-of-the-line USA-made guitar.

And yeah, I do think that's overpriced for a bolt-on neck superstrat. You could get a better-equipped neck-thru Jackson Soloist for the same amount. But ESP do make some sweet, sweet guitars.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
$2999 is the MSRP. You can usually get that guitar for less than $2000 - abou the same price you'd pay for a top-of-the-line USA-made guitar.

And yeah, I do think that's overpriced for a bolt-on neck superstrat. You could get a better-equipped neck-thru Jackson Soloist for the same amount. But ESP do make some sweet, sweet guitars.

ahem....its a neck thru mate
ESPs are expenisive, but no where close to a high stock PRS or Les Paul or even Strat. I mean, face it, ESP and Jacksons are the most badass guitars out there, for playing metal and hard rock. There nothing for bluesjazzfusion, but that's not what they were built for. They are perfectly ok for the price in my opinion.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ESPs are expenisive, but no where close to a high stock PRS or Les Paul or even Strat. I mean, face it, ESP and Jacksons are the most badass guitars out there, for playing metal and hard rock. There nothing for bluesjazzfusion, but that's not what they were built for. They are perfectly ok for the price in my opinion.

Actually, most fusion players use solidbodies. Except for, like John McLaughlin.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 31, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ahem....its a neck thru mate

My bad. Didn't catch that in the original post. I thought he was referring to bolt-on version of the M-II, not the neck thru.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Holy Katana
They also make bolt-on M-IIs.

EDIT: But they're a lot less.

look at the first original post. and yes i know they make bolt on versions