Page 1 of 2
hello hey ive got a les paul right now... and im getting another guitar soon (about $400-ish)
i was looking at the epiphone les paul standard plain top, but i really want something to shred on... (since i cant really on a les paul... well you can, its just kinda tough)
what guitar in my price range, and by ibanez can i get thats good to shred on? (i can probably go up to $600, but thats it)
RGs are pretty good
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
rgs are good i have two of them. their neck size and jumbo fretts make it easy. you can pick-up an rg370 for about $350-$400
My Guitars.....
Ibanez custom Rg 5 EX 1
Ibanez S-classic(SCA220)
Ibanez Js1000 Limited Edition
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Dean Dime-O-Flage
Fender Telecaster
Fender custom Strat
Gibson SG
Jackson RR5
Gibson Les Paul
VG Strat
The GRG170DX Is An Awsome Guitar by Ibanez. They're About $270 on musiciansfriend.com.
List is somewhere in the 300's i think.
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Quote by xrawrockkillsx
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar-i90360.music

what about that one? it took my breath away

i like that one and its prettty nice but ive never seen one, the guitar center by me doesnt carry them, but all the rgs have the same neck, ohh yeah and dont get one with a standard tremolo there carp make sure its a locking tremolo. if its not locking like one of the edge pro models your strings will go out of tune every time you use the tremolo.
My Guitars.....
Ibanez custom Rg 5 EX 1
Ibanez S-classic(SCA220)
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Dean Dime-O-Flage
Fender Telecaster
Fender custom Strat
Gibson SG
Jackson RR5
Gibson Les Paul
VG Strat
Quote by KevP714
The GRG170DX Is An Awsome Guitar by Ibanez. They're About $270 on musiciansfriend.com.
List is somewhere in the 300's i think.

dont get that its crap, well i mean its your choice but i wouldent suggest it.
My Guitars.....
Ibanez custom Rg 5 EX 1
Ibanez S-classic(SCA220)
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Dean Dime-O-Flage
Fender Telecaster
Fender custom Strat
Gibson SG
Jackson RR5
Gibson Les Paul
VG Strat
Last edited by el-chupracobra at May 30, 2006,
Quote by el-chupracobra
dont get that its crap, well i mean its your choice but i wouldent suggest it.

Don't get that crap? From someone who just suggested he buy an RG350? Sure, for the price it's a good guitar, but if you want a shitty tone and an unreliable trem, go ahead.

Fork out the extra $150 and get one of these bitches - You won't look back.
Quote by Dave_Gray
Don't get that crap? From someone who just suggested he buy an RG350? Sure, for the price it's a good guitar, but if you want a shitty tone and an unreliable trem, go ahead.

AHHHHH i said 400 - 600... i hate it when people tell me to save up more...
Quote by Dave_Gray

dude hes looking for something in a certain price range and i didnt suggest the 350 he said he liked it i suggested the 370dx its a nice guitar my cousin has one and it has a pretty nice sound, the tremolo is reliable on those i said the one on the GRG170DX sucks cuz it does its standard.
My Guitars.....
Ibanez custom Rg 5 EX 1
Ibanez S-classic(SCA220)
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Dean Dime-O-Flage
Fender Telecaster
Fender custom Strat
Gibson SG
Jackson RR5
Gibson Les Paul
VG Strat
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

I know what you said, hence why I told you to save up more. You're going to want a good quality guitar if you're going to be shredding, you won't find that in the RG350/370.

Quote by el-chupracobra
dude hes looking for something in a certain price range and i didnt suggest the 350 he said he liked it i suggested the 370dx its a nice guitar my cousin has one and it has a pretty nice sound, the tremolo is reliable on those i said the one on the GRG170DX sucks cuz it does its standard.

It's a nice guitar, yes. I personally own one, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's shit. Like, I said, it's a good buy for the price... but if you're serious about your guitaring and are getting into shred, you HAVE to fork out the money, you have to have a reliable guitar that isn't going to fuck up on you. And the Edge III bridge is NOT reliable - it's notoriously unreliable, weak and a downright crock of shit.

Go and play an RG370DX with and Edge III, then go and play an RG1570 with an Edge Pro, then try and tell me the Edge III bridge is reliable, then tell me forking out an extra $150 isn't worth it.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

He's only trying to help you bro just as I will try and do, you can take my advice or leave it.

Ever heard the 'ole sayin' "SPEND MONEY TO SAVE MONEY." If you don't get what you want, you'll only be wasting more money to get it down the road. So, save up and get a good guitar now.

Don't make the same mistake I did. I OWN a RG270. The trems on them as well as any RG under a 1570 series or s470 will blow. Their made of crappy soft metal and they'll only be good for about six months or so then the knife edges will wear away and won't hold tune for anything anymore.

IF YOU WANT A NEW GUITAR AND CAN'T AFFORD a RG1570 then your only other choices are an S470 or RG321MH (doesn't have a trem though)

If you don't mind buying used then check these guitars out on ebay their the early models of what is now the RG1570 series (they just added the one in front of the model number)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-rg570-Japan-dimarzio-usa-upgrade-570-prestige-rg_W0QQitemZ7419104642QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Quote by Dave_Gray
I know what you said, hence why I told you to save up more. You're going to want a good quality guitar if you're going to be shredding, you won't find that in the RG350/370.

It's a nice guitar, yes. I personally own one, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's shit. Like, I said, it's a good buy for the price... but if you're serious about your guitaring and are getting into shred, you HAVE to fork out the money, you have to have a reliable guitar that isn't going to fuck up on you. And the Edge III bridge is NOT reliable - it's notoriously unreliable, weak and a downright crock of shit.

Go and play an RG370DX with and Edge III, then go and play an RG1570 with an Edge Pro, then try and tell me the Edge III bridge is reliable, then tell me forking out an extra $150 isn't worth it.

its gonna be $350 more... and of course if im comparing two guitars with such a diffrent price theres gonna be a diffrence...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
its gonna be $350 more... and of course if im comparing two guitars with such a diffrent price theres gonna be a diffrence...

You said you could go up to $600. An Ibanez RG1570 is $750. You do the math.

Seriously, sorry if I'm coming across as a dick, a really big throbbing dick - but don't buy a guitar that's not going to last more than a year, a guitar that's going to piss you off beyond belief and a guitar that you're going to waste money on. I did, and I regret it. If you're serious about your guitaring, you'll save up.
El Chupracobra i am looking at buying the RG 5 ex1 how is it? Where did you find support for it.
Quote by Diminished29
He's only trying to help you bro just as I will try and do, you can take my advice or leave it.

Ever heard the 'ole sayin' "SPEND MONEY TO SAVE MONEY." If you don't get what you want, you'll only be wasting more money to get it down the road. So, save up and get a good guitar now.

Don't make the same mistake I did. I OWN a RG270. The trems on them as well as any RG under a 1570 series or s470 will blow. Their made of crappy soft metal and they'll only be good for about six months or so then the knife edges will wear away and won't hold tune for anything anymore.

IF YOU WANT A NEW GUITAR AND CAN'T AFFORD a RG1570 then your only other choices are an S470 or RG321MH (doesn't have a trem though)

If you don't mind buying used then check these guitars out on ebay their the early models of what is now the RG1570 series (they just added the one in front of the model number)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-rg570-Japan-dimarzio-usa-upgrade-570-prestige-rg_W0QQitemZ7419104642QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

HAHAH wow i forgot about ebay thanks dude... ill probably buy that one

Quote by Dave_Gray
You said you could go up to $600. An Ibanez RG1570 is $750. You do the math.

Seriously, sorry if I'm coming across as a dick, a really big throbbing dick - but don't buy a guitar that's not going to last more than a year, a guitar that's going to piss you off beyond belief and a guitar that you're going to waste money on. I did, and I regret it. If you're serious about your guitaring, you'll save up.

hmmm but the one i was looking at was 400...
Quote by Prophet of Page
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519969

S Series, in your price range. If you want the cheapest good trem equipped Ibanez, there it is. Do not buy a trem equipped RG under the 1570 series.

wow... that is beautiful... but i want a guitar thats more flat... (like the 1570, jem, whatever)
ill go play that at GC though (i love the inlay)
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
wow... that is beautiful... but i want a guitar thats more flat... (like the 1570, jem, whatever)
ill go play that at GC though (i love the inlay)

If you are going to go for an RG in that case, please do save yourself the agony and buy a 1570, and not another model below it. Unless its a 321, which is grand.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
You will NOT get a decent RG with a trem in that price range, simple. If you don't mind not having a trem, the RG321 is nice. But the S470 is way better. And they have the same neck, so wouldn't play too differently.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Prophet of Page
If you are going to go for an RG in that case, please do save yourself the agony and buy a 1570, and not another model below it. Unless its a 321, which is grand.

hmmm ill probably get the 1570 off of ebay... (i want something with a trem so im not getting the 321)
i might just save up and sell a whole bunch of crap and buy a jem (cause thats my dream guitar )

EDIT: well actually... i seem to be getting along fine without a trem with my les paul right now... and paul gilbert doesnt use a trem and he still rocks... hmmmm ill look into the 321
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at May 30, 2006,
S470 has a good trem i believe, well it does i love it!
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Prophet of Page

hmmmm what makes the 321 grand?
RG

maybe a schecter
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
RG

maybe a schecter

bleh... i dont really like schecter and i hate esp... so im looking for an ibanez
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
hmmmm what makes the 321 grand?

Well, sorry, grand while in English means great, is Irish slang for fine. Sorry. The 321 has a fixed bridge, so you aren't going to be kicking yourself because of a bad trem.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
bleh... i dont really like schecter and i hate esp... so im looking for an ibanez

an rg is an ibanez

yea sorry for the schecter

yea its and ibanez rg
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
but i really want something to shred on... (since i cant really on a les paul... well you can, its just kinda tough)

Yep. Sumptin about those LPs that just don't make sounds as fast as other guitars.
Whichever one you get, I hope you find it easier to shred on....
Quote by Prophet of Page
Well, sorry, grand while in English means great, is Irish slang for fine. Sorry. The 321 has a fixed bridge, so you aren't going to be kicking yourself because of a bad trem.

ahhh, so its a fine guitar? or decent? but it only costs like 270 or so...

Quote by Guitarplaya27
an rg is an ibanez

yea sorry for the schecter

yea its and ibanez rg

yeah i know... i was just listing the other brands that made shred based guitars and why i would rather pick an ibanez...
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at May 30, 2006,
Quote by edg
Yep. Sumptin about those LPs that just don't make sounds as fast as other guitars.
Whichever one you get, I hope you find it easier to shred on....

Hey now, I think we can all accept that shredding is possible on a Les Paul, it's just no fun.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

yeah i know... i was just listing the other brands that made shed based guitars and why i would rather pick an ibanez...

ok that was confusing

well the majority sayz rg so buy it

*peace*
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Prophet of Page
Hey now, I think we can all accept that shredding is possible on a Les Paul, it's just no fun.

haha yeah... it kinda kills my fingers, to keep them all jammed while im trying to hit anything about the 15 fret...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

Yes thank you decnt is a better word. The horrible thing about being Irish is that not even your own countrymen can understand what your saying.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Yes thank you decnt is a better word. The horrible thing about being Irish is that not even your own countrymen can understand what your saying.

hahah... ouch...
lol, maybe should make your dream bigger and get a j-custom. Since really the only high ends are steve vais guitars. I wouldnt reccommend his guitar, but hey if he dies or w/e (that would suck ass), he will be like gibson "les paul"
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
lol, maybe should make your dream bigger and get a j-custom. Since really the only high ends are steve vais guitars. I wouldnt reccommend his guitar, but hey if he dies or w/e (that would suck ass), he will be like gibson "les paul"

....what?
heh ibanez, i think its a bit of a bandwagon at the moment people buy them because they think they'll automatically get fast but yeah...
i agree with the general idea you dont want any floyd models below s470 or rg570. So if you HAVE to have an ibanez with a floyd i'd save up. Personally i'd look on ebay for a schecter fr with an offical floyd rose but thats just me..
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
haha yeah... it kinda kills my fingers, to keep them all jammed while im trying to hit anything about the 15 fret...

Yep, gotta have a man's hands to play an LP
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Page 1 of 2