Yeah... I suddenly decided to get an MG.

By the way I'm talking about Jackson MG series =P

The DXMG

It comes with EMG-HZ pups.. Are these any good? If not tell me what's bad about them. If they're bad I'll probably replace them with an 81 and an 85.
I thought Jackson upgraded their pickups?
Hz's aren't as good as 81's, but if you're gonna replace them, keep in mind:
EMG actives won't sound good without a proper (valve) amp. Apart from that it looks great. Well worth trying.
Sorry... I realised once I posted it D:

Quote by sashki
I thought Jackson upgraded their pickups?
Hz's aren't as good as 81's, but if you're gonna replace them, keep in mind:
EMG actives won't sound good without a proper (valve) amp. Apart from that it looks great. Well worth trying.

And yeah... Hopefully I'm gettin a job soon so I'm gettin the Peavey 6505 and a Mes Recto 4x12 standard cab.
The LFR might cause some problem tho...
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Hehe someone definately wanted to draw attention by saying he want an MG.
I bet 50% of the people who looked here were ready to flame you about the fact how much the marshall MG suxxorz .
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Quote by Untitled001
LFR?

Licensed Floyd Rose(it's a peice or junk).
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by sashki
Adjustment is a pain, but once that's done it kicks anus

That's true for a REAL Floyd Rose. The cheap ones on these guitars aren't as good at keepting the guitar in tune. They generally work well at first, but the knife edges wear out pretty quickly, causing the bridge to not return to the exact same position every time. That translates into tuning issues. There are decent LFRs out there, but the ones on these guitars.... not so good...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Well you guys act like FR clones are horrible. The Ibanez Edge Pro I have is a piece of junk, too. My LFR are holding up better than it is... All four of them. Not all LFR are bad, schaller and kahler make good copies.

The knife edges may wear out, but if you really like the guitar you can play it until they DO wear out and then buy a nice, new OFR to slap in there and you have yourself one hell of a guitar. Call it an 'upgrade'