Poll: Which amp for the criteria below?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp for the criteria below?
Laney VH100R
1 6%
Peavey XXX
9 53%
Laney TT50H
3 18%
Peavey JSX
1 6%
Other (Please Specify)
3 18%
Voters: 17.
Hey kids... Having gathered a lot of advice from various boards, I was hoping to put all the suggestions to a poll!

My Guitar :- At the moment, a MIM Telecaster with a SD Hot Rails in the bridge. Hopfully soon, a Gibson SG with possible pick-up change (but that's for another thread hehe!)

My style of music :- Melodic punk/hardcore/possibly emo. See Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion, Bayside, etc.

My needs :-

* Able to maintain tone when at low-ish gain. I don't mind having a high-gain amp as long as it can cope with the gain only being around 5 or 6 and maintaining it's tone.

* Fairly 'dark' sounding.

* Good, tight bass response.

* Be able to compensate for at least 3 different sounds - Clean, regular distortion, and solo, be it with seperate channels or with boost switches.

* Preferably have a separate EQ for each channel.

* Be suitable for use with an attenuator such as the THD Hot Plate.

* Have a footswitchable FX loop.

Thanks all.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Mesa boogie Dual rectifier. Suits all those needs perfectly.

+1
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
line 6 spider 210 120w

its killer
Quote by bambi_slaughter

how do you get a baby in a tupperwear container?
use the blender.
how do you get it out again?
tostitos.
I played one in a shop and wasn't uber-convinced by it... Maybe I need another play, but it seemed a smidge too high-gained for me and I wasn't convinced by it's bass response... Seemed a bit muddy at times... Might just have needed a tube change though, it was a second hand one.
Marshall DSL100. 2 versatile channels with their own EQ's, sounds FAT and chunky, used by punks and emo kids worldwide. You have a telecaster at the moment, which is very bright sounding, but the SG you're getting (assuming it's a standard) will have very dark sounding pickups, so that will affect your tone too.
I'm not sure about the FX loop, though...
Fair enough... I'll see what I can do, but here in the UK the head alone costs around £1600, which I just can't afford... Unless I can get a good deal on eBay...

That's obviously one of my dream amps then, I guess I should have mentioned a price limit of around £600 excluding cab.

Any suggestions/opinions on the aforementioned amps?
Quote by sashki
Marshall DSL100. 2 versatile channels with their own EQ's, sounds FAT and chunky, used by punks and emo kids worldwide. You have a telecaster at the moment, which is very bright sounding, but the SG you're getting (assuming it's a standard) will have very dark sounding pickups, so that will affect your tone too.
I'm not sure about the FX loop, though...

yah

the DSL's and TSL's are friggin sweeet

but they are a bit bright

and yes, the footswitch controlls the FX loop either on or off.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Yes I found the equation as follows:

Telecaster (twangy) + SD Hot Rails (Mid-based) + Marshall (Middy + Bright) = Zero bass/too much mid.

Which sucks 'cos I quite like the Marshall tone.
Quote by jimmy_fowler
Yes I found the equation as follows:

Telecaster (twangy) + SD Hot Rails (Mid-based) + Marshall (Middy + Bright) = Zero bass/too much mid.

Which sucks 'cos I quite like the Marshall tone.

use the eq to lean it towards more bass?
Tried that, it just came out flabby and a tad grainy. Had to put it up to pretty much full, which didn't do wonders for the tone.
laney tt.

EDIT: to everyone who voted for the xxx, did you even see the "fairly dark sounding" in his opening post?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Mesa boogie Dual rectifier. Suits all those needs perfectly.

+2
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.