Now, im assuming most if not all the other forum regulars/hiphop lovers have seen this amazing film. (Scratch)I just watched it again the other day and I forgot how crazy some/all the things you see on it are.
Mix master mike mixing that dead prez bassline with the robert jonson record was mental, the switch is so smooth but so drastic- and you see him do it right before you!!!!

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLED7krHwU&search=scratch%20mix%20master%20mike

Qbert as usual, showes some spacy scratch and Cut chemist's groove was fun to watch again. (amongst many other greats featured)

+Anyone who hasnt seen this movie, it basically a documentary about the DJ side of Hiphop and how it all started and progressed. The film showes alot of execellent footage of some greats scratching up thier decks and is just really really great watching.

Even if you dont like scrach/hiphop- by the end of the film you will, or at least have some respect and different perspective of it all- greatly reccommended.+

Discuss.....

Edit:

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143861/

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DINKC/qid=1149100115/sr=8-15/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i15_xgl/203-1851435-5697546
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at May 31, 2006,
Sounds a good viewing. Haven't heard of it before but I may have to look into it
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Scratching and DJing IS ****ING AWESOME.... i need to watch that VERY VERY URGENTLY.

any links to some sections of that documentary anywhere?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Scratching and DJing IS ****ING AWESOME.... i need to watch that VERY VERY URGENTLY.

any links to some sections of that documentary anywhere?

Not that I know of sorry dude, youtube probably has some clips though.

...and yes, if you love DJing/scratching- this is a MUST SEE documentary.

Edit: I found the clip of Mix master mike that I was on about in the first post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLED7krHwU&search=scratch%20mix%20master%20mike
add me

Last edited by Blackbullet at May 31, 2006,
^ That is so damn good! Gotta get ahold of that documentary.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The way he scratched the singing there so they could be the notes he wanted was cool. When I'm really bored I search YouTube for stuff and YouTube has some sweet DJ videos, fo' realz.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Haha, thats ****ing dope! Gonna go check this **** out now.
Why do women like cocaine? Cause they can speak more!
Quote by andrewbiles
^ That is so damn good! Gotta get ahold of that documentary.

Quote by ghettohippygrrl

The way he scratched the singing there so they could be the notes he wanted was cool.

Definately. That clip doesnt even scratch the surface (non-intended bad pun)of the rest of the stuff in the film though, some of the beat juggling is crazy- its like the 'shred' of DJing lol.
add me

Quote by bajeda
You can get it off DC++ fairly easily if you have a decent internet connection and enough songs on your computer to get into a decent hub. Otherwise I don't know where you could get it.

I saw it on some torrent sites.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.