im asking for my birthday a new amp. im seriously considering the vox valvetronix ad100vt. im not very good at guitar but im decent but i plan on joining my churchs youth groups praise team and they sometimes play larger venues so i want a pretty loud amp. my limit is around 500$ i cant go over too much. im gonna buy myself an epi les paul and i wanna play classic rock stuff. what other amps should i try out when i go to guitar center?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

lol.

sure
the AD100Vt is a great amp
and if your doing classic rock (im not even going to touch the church music)
youll be fine
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
the ad100vt is a great amp lots of versatility, but also look into, and play, some smaller tube combos, such as the fender hotrod deluxe or peavey classic 30.
Quote by Striketalonx
lol.

sure
the AD100Vt is a great amp
and if your doing classic rock (im not even going to touch the church music)
youll be fine

actually what they play is actually pretty good. they play hillsong united and theyve got some actually decent riffs. anyways any other amps?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

Hmm dont have much to say about an amp, (though i would look into the which amp? thread or whatever its called its a sticky) but i will say that i own a epi les paul spec. 2 and (though it may just be mine) the tuning wont hold for a whole song, so ( and i may be wrong) look forward to buying new tuners with an epi.
bump
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

Don't bump. 75 people have viewed your thread and only 4 different people thought it necessary to post. AD100VT is great for what you're looking for. The only other recommendation I would make is a small tube amp, like a Peavey Classic 30 or Fender Blues Jr.
Hi, I'm Peter
tranynor YCV blue would work great if you could spend a bit more
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

There is a head version of that Vox on eBay right now. I think it's only like $150 so far. Maybe check that out and then buy an Avatar 212 cab or soemthing.
i think about 500$ is my limit but thanks anyways and sorry for bumping
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99