I'm a guitarist of about 8 months or so, and I'm really just starting to get into alot of effects.

I'm really interested in a wide, open sound that I've got through my Peavy Amp and Boss Delay pedal so far. I'm wondering how I can maybe further develop how it sounds...what other effect pedals can I use to achieve a U2 sound, angels and airwaves, rock kills kid sound. I have my peavy amp and boss delay pedal...I havn't hooked in my boss distortion pedal yet.

I'd like to stay under 125 or 150 per pedal/piece of equipment. The cheaper the better without losing that much quality.

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!
Last edited by haywire robot at May 30, 2006,
The Edge's sound is hard to duplicate because he used A LOT or high-end gear. And a lot of his tone is in his hands.
The Edge
Gain - 1.5
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 3
Reverb - 8.5

from the ultimate settings thread.

i saw a couple of u2 concerts this year and he uses about 20 guitars per concert.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
The Edge
Gain - 1.5
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 3
Reverb - 8.5

from the ultimate settings thread.

i saw a couple of u2 concerts this year and he uses about 20 guitars per concert.

I made sure I checked those settings out, I'm talking more effects wise..
Yea, I saw them at Madison Square Garden recently and I think he used a different guitar for every song. And he keep his massive refrigerator racks under the stage where Dallas operates them.

Those thread settings won't help you at all, there is much more to it then that. It like trying to paint a Picasso and asking "what colors shoud I use"
-Start with a good clean amp like an AC30, get a single coil guitar (strat) and a humbucker guitar (explorer), get a digital delay with some modulation and a compressor. Do this and your about 90% there. You'll never be able to get exactly like it. I've even heard some U2 trubute bands fail at nailing the tone and its not good to say the least.
Last edited by Gutch220 at May 30, 2006,
haha what section? i saw them from 220 one night and 112 another.
seeing them right from edge's side was so great.

and effects wise, alot delay DD6, and maybe a ts9 OD.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Section 221 on October 8th, 2005
They were pretty good seats
Last edited by Gutch220 at May 30, 2006,