so after about 7-8 months of trusty service, my fender fm212r is fried. i loved it, except it just wasn't loud enough during band practice, although fine during gigs when it was mic'd.

so basicly, i need a new amp. i'm thinking i'm going to need a halfstack, deffinatly. however, i don't have much cash (about five to six hundred MAX). i play grindcore/mathcore. i tried out a marshall 150atvH at gc, and it sounded pretty nice for the cash. remember, the amp does not have to be a tone machine. i play grindcore, and well, the name is pretty self explainitory. i need to make alot of NOISE, not sound like SRV. cleans are not an issue at all. all i need is loudness and heavy distortion.

thanks in advance
i heart my 1963 epiphone olympic II.
Look for a Carvin X100B on ebay.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
don't need tone?
allow me to be the first to reccomend a Marshall MG100DFX
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
get an AVT or w/e. A thrash band played at my friends graduation party, and they were AVTs and solid states crates.
the carvin SX solid state stack is 600 and its supposed to be the best for that money.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by llanafreak44
get an AVT or w/e. A thrash band played at my friends graduation party, and they were AVTs and solid states crates.

ha just because some thrash band played doesnt meant they had the best equipment money can buy...

Carvin tend to have good, cheap solid state amps Umm dont go avt150h my friend just bought that and i really dont like it. It just is bland no tone horrible cleans (which i realize you dont care about) but the FX effects channels are horrible and nearly all distortion was just muddy. IDT your gonna get and avt150h for under 600 anyway unless you already have a cab... anyways look into carvin