The other day I bought the compilation album 'Working Class Hero: The Definitive Lennon' as it was on the cheap in tesco. I'd never considered buying any of his albums as his i believed his songs were somewhat self-absorbed. But, I've really gotten into him. Although the album emphasizes material with a slight romantic bent, I really liked the stuff of the 'John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band' album.

Anyway... to cut a long story short, what albums should I consider buying? Is the best of his career summed up in this compilation, or should I buy some of his albums?

Cheers!
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
The other day I bought the compilation album 'Working Class Hero: The Definitive Lennon' as it was on the cheap in tesco. I'd never considered buying any of his albums as his i believed his songs were somewhat self-absorbed. But, I've really gotten into him. Although the album emphasizes material with a slight romantic bent, I really liked the stuff of the 'John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band' album.

Anyway... to cut a long story short, what albums should I consider buying? Is the best of his career summed up in this compilation, or should I buy some of his albums?

Cheers!

My opinion, donwload everything you can... Lennon will not see a peny... believe me.
Imagine is good. Plastic Ono Band. Walls and Bridges, he truley was a genious.
Imagine and Double Fantasy are my favorites.
Quote by darkstar2466
Who is responsible for bring back a thread from Two Thousand motherfucking Six?

*holds a paddle in hand, ready for whacking*
^ Double Fantasy is wonderful. Tis a shame that he wasn't around to accpet his Grammy for it though.... ......

But also, at times he seemed a little pretentious and rediculous. But I really don't care about that because his heart was always in the right place. And Plastic Ono Band is my favorite of the lot.