First things first, it's not a letdown. It's not all like Miss Murder either, it's lodged somewhere between Black Sails and Sing The Sorrow. Davey's voice is really good, and the chant/backing vocals are spot on. Jade still remains one of the most under-rated guitarists of today, song of the cd for me 'The Missing Frame', really enjoyable cd, not entirely worth the 3 years wait, but I wasn't disapointed. Give it a chance, it does deserve it
I found it to be pretty horrible. Only one listenable song, and it's not even that good of a song.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I really want this cd. I have only just got into AFI again...
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
i actually quite like this record.

but yeah it's not really a match for some of their previous work.

&what's the deal with davey's huuuge fringe? it's horrible.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
i saw an advert today which said "in stores now"

i'm in the uk, i'm hoping it is out cuz i'm going out to buy it tomorrow
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
I could see this album being awful (judging by the single), so I'm avoiding it.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
It wasn't too bad, I kinda like it. Kill Caustic is definitely my favorite track.
the uk version is out a week before US so it came yesterday by my UK watch

i still need to buy it
When they're not sounding like My Chemical Romance, they're sounding like a gener-o screamo band. When they're not sounding like either, they have some funky electronica going on. There are some parts that feel like throwbacks to Art of Drowning/Black Sails, but it's just not enough.

I really like The Missing Frame, as well, but it sounds like something The Cure would put out.

Davey's falsetto at the end of Endlessly, She Said irks the poop out of me.
Quote by Keegs22
I haven't really heard their older stuff, can someone gimme a song title or 2 of some of their good older material?

Fall Children, Totalimmortal, Prayer Position, Sacrifice Theory
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I was gonna spend my Virgin Addict voucher on it, but I went for Rocky Votolato's 'Makers' instead. I did, however, 'acquire' the AFI CD and gave it a listen. I have to say, while I'm not wildly upset about it, it was a bit of a let-down. Music-wise, some of it was very nice, some good riffs and some surprises in terms of sound. Lyrics-wise, I felt like I was hearing Sing The Sorrow remixes, they seemed that recycled. Sorry. Vocals-wise, if you like his voice you won't have an issue with it, because it's not much different, some good screaming in the background on one or two tracks though. Overall, it's alright, but it just doesn't feel like AFI to me. I'm not necessarily knocking them for pushing the boat out, but even Sing The Sorrow was different but still sounded like AFI. Very few tracks on this do, in my opinion. It's a nice pop-rock record, but far less aggressive than previous stuff.
^^that's hit the nail on the head.

it's no doubt aiming for a more widespread audience, i do feel that davey is going to be portrayed in the same vein of gerard way and his like.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Ive been listening to the leak on MTV website and i think its a great CD. Too many effects used though. My favourite tracks are: Kill Caustic, Miss Murder, The Killing Lights and Endlessly, She Said.
^^i doubt it
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by LiLFLiP
When they're not sounding like My Chemical Romance, they're sounding like a gener-o screamo band.

I'm arguing the first point.
If you're going to say things like that, get the chronology right.
AFI first, then MCR.
psykopoo:
moron, spelt paedofile wrong
^^indeed, well said.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
there's a mighty big afi thread in the punk forum that is correct..
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
i bought it yesterday.

one word that can describe it, thus being the end of my post: awesome
Well for the record, I like it. But I think there was a big thing about AFI being addressed in the punk forum a little while ago, and they do still show mainly elements of punk. So umma close this. Andrew, feel free to re-open it if you think it should stay.