Page 1 of 33
Who do you think is the most underrated guitarist and why?

please No Hendrix, Clapton, or any other Gods. They all deserve the credit they have gotten and even more.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
everyone has there own opinion but i think there are alot of under rated guitar players
paul gilbert, alexi liaho
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Sammy Hagar
He is one of many underrated; but because he was in van Halen nobody saw him on guitar. He is as good if not a better guitarist then Eddie is

How do you think they play Van Halen songs (INCLUDING ERUPTION) while hes on tour solo
Buckethead...He is one of the most underrated guitarists i've ever discovered...and It just so happens that I discovered him using another "Underatted" thread, and also one more underated guitarist is Dave Brownsound? from Sum 41...he's suprisingly good at solo's.
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
dave brownsound is pretty good but he quit sum 41 lol
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
laiho is no-where near being overrated...he's becoming pretty recognized...and for that you can thank myself and fellow UG-ers whos are spreading the word.
Quote by HopeFades
dude eddie wrote eruption him self......

doesnt mean the other guy can't play it
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Jeff Buckley by a long way. He is only credited for his amazin vioce but wen u sit down to learn one of his songs they are amazingly intricate and complex. He may have not soloed often but he always catered perfectley for the song
Quote by HopeFades
I didnt say he couldn't I'm just saying that it was eddie that wrote it

and he was just proving a point that the other guy was very good and underrated
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

lol ready for an oxymoron...John 5 is the most overrated, underrated guitarist ever...I'm unimpressed. But meh, all I've heard is his country ****, not very much to my liking.
Oh ya, I forgot two...The Brothers from Arch Enemy...They are pretty underrated but very good players.
0utlawt0rn,,,,you need to listen to damage or vertigo before you say u dont like john 5.he is good at country but i dont like it.i like his heavy darker sound more like vertigo and damage
billie joe from green day.definetly underated.jk.jason white though if you go on a music sharing software thing and download some ofhis solo stuff hes really good actually
All right, I'll check it out..soon, and if it's not good, I shalt flame thee. lol
Quote by kanguuu
and he was just proving a point that the other guy was very good and underrated

i can play erution... am i good and underrated?

i think lindsey buckingham from fleetwood mac is extremely underrated... i never even hear his name...
I think John Frusciante he is very good his solo stuff is really good to not just the chili peppers but he is either very overrated or underrated underrated where i come from lol
Quote by sam453
Sammy Hagar
He is one of many underrated; but because he was in van Halen nobody saw him on guitar. He is as good if not a better guitarist then Eddie is

How do you think they play Van Halen songs (INCLUDING ERUPTION) while hes on tour solo

As good if not a better guitarist then Eddie is? You are out of your freaking gord!!
Sammy Hagar sucks ass compared to Eddie!
I think both cats from Trivium are underrated. Of course, everyone here knows them but if you mention Trivium to most people they give a blank stare. I've only ever heard them on the radio once, a request, for Master of Puppets.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Dude, SRV is under-rated as is Duane Allman. Not enough praise goes to them
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Nuno Bettencourt by far.
Originally posted by HateEternal
the neck was slow like a grandfather who had just been ass raped. Horrible guitar.
Quote by Siciliano
As good if not a better guitarist then Eddie is? You are out of your freaking gord!!
Sammy Hagar sucks ass compared to Eddie!

Theres a reason that you think this; When sammy joined the band(heard this on an interview with him), the deal was that Eddie played guiitar, not Sammy. so you never hear him in most of their songs. Listen to his solo career. When he goes on tour with his band (the wabos) he has the rights to play the Van Halen songs and does. He is as good a gutarist as Eddie Van Halen.

He can also play all their songs in the event (and this has occured) that Eddie cannot play a concert (family business, health; when he was in kimotheraphy for his lung cancer sammy toured and played alot instead of eddy)
Quote by sam453
Theres a reason that you think this; When sammy joined the band(heard this on an interview with him), the deal was that Eddie played guiitar, not Sammy. so you never hear him in most of their songs. Listen to his solo career. When he goes on tour with his band (the wabos) he has the rights to play the Van Halen songs and does. He is as good a gutarist as Eddie Van Halen.

He can also play all their songs in the event (and this has occured) that Eddie cannot play a concert (family business, health; when he was in kimotheraphy for his lung cancer sammy toured and played alot instead of eddy)

Dude, let's agree to disagree on this one, o.k.?
Jeff Beck- another ex-Yardbirds God, never mainstream enough....
Eric Johnson- too overshadowed in the austin scene by SRV
John Fruiscante- A very economical player who never seems to show his full chops
Billie Joe Armstrong- he's in Green Day, he never solos, but he can, actually the guy can rip....
Ronnie Wood- Too often overshadowed by Keith and Brian Jones
Derek Trucks- only underrated because most people don't know who he is....
Dave Kushner- again, overshadowed by a certain (current) bandmate
Alex Lifeson- again, another guy that can rip, in any time signature, but is underscored by shredders, and is too often creditted as a shredder by rockers
Pete Townshend- in my area anyway he gets no respect, not enough solos in his who work i guess....
Chris Cornell- great rhythm player when he was with Soundgarden...
Sonny Landreth- see Derek Trucks
Brad Whitford- too overshadowed by Joe Perry, lets it rip a couple times on Honkin', shows he can rip just as hard
alex lifeson all the way, the guys like 50 years old, and still plays the best shows i've ever seen in my life. his playing is amazing, and is in fact my second fav. guitarist
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Billy Gibbons!

I've not once heard his name said on this board.

Fear the beard.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Quote by kanguuu
dave brownsound is pretty good but he quit sum 41 lol

listen to the solo on THE BITTER END it is the epitomy of kickassage
Quote by Keef-is-king

Sonny Landreth- see Derek Trucks

listen to NATIVE STEPSON that is also the epitomy of kickassage