Page 1 of 2
Yes, Even though I have only discovered the pleasures of a Telecaster but not last week, I have decided to mod, mod, mod and possibley undertake more activities involving modding.

Its a standard blone/honey coloured Squier Affinity Telecaster. I noticed the body is 3-piece and seems ok. I'd rather not replace it.

I'm all for dropping a humbucker bridge and humbucker pickup on there. Any suggestions for alt. rock/indie sometimes leaning into metal?

I'm also gonna use a tele coil in the neck pickup, just an upgraded one.

I want the harness to basically look exactly like a standard telecasters, but I'm all up for push pulls and 5 way switching, any ideas?

I also plan on going a dark wine red with a black matte pickguard, ala George Harrison without the rosewood. The neck is all maple. I will possibly put some form of locking tuners and a Fender decal on it cause its amazing.

So any ideas?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Well yeah, its basically a Fenderisation of a Squier, I've seen parody decals on ebay such as 'Partsocaster', 'Pretender Bass', 'Jizz bass' etc, I might get one of them.

The PRS is officially on hold - Looks like I'm going for a RAN guitar.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
lol yea... to me prs guitars are way overpriced....they are good guitars dont get me wrong i like the body style but way to expensive for what they are selling.....yea so they actually sell fender decals and i forget where i saw it but i saw a tutorial on how to make you own decal for guitars and such and ill try n find it so you can make one to like say ur name or sumthin

PEDRI-CASTER!
Quote by Pedricko
Well yeah, its basically a Fenderisation of a Squier, I've seen parody decals on ebay such as 'Partsocaster', 'Pretender Bass', 'Jizz bass' etc, I might get one of them.

The PRS is officially on hold - Looks like I'm going for a RAN guitar.

You're kidding me! How much is a decent quality Fender or Squire J-Bass and one of those "Jizz Bass" decals?
Quote by Will_Minus
You're kidding me! How much is a decent quality Fender or Squire J-Bass and one of those "Jizz Bass" decals?

ahhh yes....another sqiuer owner wanting a fauxfender....

http://projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm

there you go theres the tutorial to make your own u can have it really say anything youwant

i think ima put one on my friends that says " He Loved my dog.....all nght long..."
FauxFender!

If I could draw the fender logo well it would be a Pedrocaster FauxFender model.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Okay pedro so.....about 30 minutes 3 oreo's and a glass of milk later i've come up with this....

its not bad but its not great.....

that was taken on my strat builds neck....

and this one on a sheet of paper...
Last edited by Schecter-06 at May 31, 2006,
dude, i'd fix up that writing for sure, it looks kinda sloppy! i could try and draw u up sumthing if u want, but i'm not gonna guarantee it
duh i said it looks okay but its not great, im no artist, my bro is....im not doing a fender decal on my '86 strat rebuild, i changed the headstock so now i can route my last name into the headstock and fill it with inlay material, not sure which one alabone prolly...
That looks really, really cool. Can someone fix me a black script one up?

You could pencil it, scan it onto a computer to be touched up and then print it out on waterslide right?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Nice.

I think the joke version decal is: TeleBastard.

Any wiring ideas folks?

FAKE EDIT: I'm away for... a few hours now cause I have to finish my crappy nazICT course.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
How about the standard fender logo, and have a model name in block capitals underneath like they seem to be doing a lot now. Remember colourings too - this is going on an all maple neck.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
I'm making you one right now
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.

There. Which one do you want so I can hollow it out?

Maybe this is better:

I'm working off this image
Last edited by That_Pink_Queen at May 31, 2006,
Oh sweet, that would be awesome. Just email it to contact(*at*)rockgardenlove.com

My next try..

EDIT:
Tweaked the E...

Tell me which basic idea you like best before I tweak them up with my image editor, as that parts alot of work.
Last edited by That_Pink_Queen at May 31, 2006,
That last one is perfect.

Perhaps make the modle name a bit smaller please. Also I know its asking a lot, but how about a 'Made in the UK' piece for the back with a fake (666's!) serial number like on squiers and fenders? That would make my life.

Any ideas on electronics mods?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^Ok, I'll get to it.

I forgot to put the made in the UK thing on the back...
Oops...
I was working off this image:

Is that good?

EDIT:
MY NAME IS GREEN! AHHH!
Hey guys, ive got a question... how do you take a logo or font like that and get it painted on your guitar? Do you do it free hand?
^You can also use waterslide decals, which is probably a better choice...waterslide decals are sold on www.smallbearelec.com
This will be awesome when it's done. The new decal thing is perfect as well.

Ped, be sure to post some "Before" pics as well!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
wtf pink is now a mod?

and whats with SillyBuugers purple name?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
So...pink replaced dave?

WTF?!?!

I don't like change.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
So...pink replaced dave?

WTF?!?!

I don't like change.
No dave is still a mod but forsome reason his name colourless or i could be wrong but jenny is no longer a mod...
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I've decided I NEED a string thru bridge, as I had to remove the G and D saddles to actually get the strings in. Stupid top loader.

Also I removed the bridge because I dropped a spring down there by accident, and the earth wire and bridge pickup got kinda wrecked. I have half output on the bridge and massive buzz when I take my hands off. Oh well, I've noticed that the finish is REALLY thin (becuase I managed to carve a heart in just the top layers of laquer) so I may start stripping it down. I also think the neck needs adjustment. Oh well, time to start ripping it apart!
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Before, man! Before pictures!
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by Pedricko
wtf pink is now a mod?

and whats with SillyBuugers purple name?

wots up with my name is that i'm too lazy to be a CC so I look for new CC's and mods Pink actually became a mod on my recomendation after the dave and jenny were stripped of their mod ship for reasons I won't go into here because that's their buisness although some of you will already know

back to topic this looks fantastic Ped looking forward to the finished product
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at Jun 2, 2006,
You'd reccomend pink and not moi

Also did I mention: Graphite nut :O
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
ped is a squire affinity blonde tele?
i saw in one of ur other threads but i cant find it now.

edit: ok i see yeah, u added it here. what color is ur pickguard? cause i thought u said white.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Wait, so is the headstock decal good, or do you want it tweaked still?
Page 1 of 2