Alright, so here's the lowdown, my family is willing to spend 500$ on me for a new guitar, but I don't know what to get. I play a lot of stuff like Metallica, ACDC, Eric Johnson/Joe Satch, Eric Clapton... So I have some variety, and I need to know what would be a good guitar to get for 500$. I'm ready to move on from my Squier Strat. >_>
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Epiphone Les Pauls are good, despite what others may say. The only problem you may have is the pickup quality. That's not a huge fix though.
Ehh... I'm trying to bump out of the Strat and get something with a little heavier of pickups, like humbuckers (but not as far as EMGs... I need good cleans), but would the fat strat humbuckers work well?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

How about the new Epi Les Paul Standard Plain top? $400 for a mahogany body and maple top. $100 left over to put towards a hardcase, strap, etc.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ibanez RG. I have one (170R to be exact), costed me 487$. Awsome guitar for all styles.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
i think PRS SE customs are like 550 and they are amazing
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by Xenn99
How about the new Epi Les Paul Standard Plain top? $400 for a mahogany body and maple top. $100 left over to put towards a hardcase, strap, etc.

Also look at the Washburn WI64DL. It's ~$400. Pretty nice for the price.

And hey Drumguy.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
schecter c1 artist
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Hm, lemme see if I can further this, since I forgot to put it in my other posts...

Are there any guitars that fit my needs and also has a floyd rose/locking tremolo?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Quote by SilverStratocas
Ehh... I'm trying to bump out of the Strat and get something with a little heavier of pickups, like humbuckers (but not as far as EMGs... I need good cleans), but would the fat strat humbuckers work well?

emg passives are good for cleans. when i save up the money im putting them in my telecaster.

o and the non tele ones h4s kick ass
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=17&catalogid=164
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=17&catalogid=165
^ I was just about to post that.

The S470 is a great guitar. Very versitile, and the ZR tremelo is awesome. The only thing it needs is a pickup change, but the stock ones will be just fine until you can get the $ for new pickups.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
www.schecterguitars.com welcome to paradise.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Get the epiphone plain top... but invest the money into better pickups, and your set.
Last edited by zeppelin68 at May 30, 2006,