hey im getting $50 to spend on an effect pedal soon... what would be the best thing to get in my price range?
im using an epiphone les paul with a Roland Micro cube, and washburn mad dog distortion and wah pedals (theyre both ****).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?N=100001+304372+6&page=1

Theres a list of Effects pedals for 50$ and under. If u wanna ditch ur distortion ill say u get one of those boss pedals, they are quite nice for the price. As for the wah, ur not gonna really get anything better than wat u have with 50$. I say save up, or if u want some good distortion now get a boss pedal. Good Luck,

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Guitaraphone06
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?N=100001+304372+6&page=1

Theres a list of Effects pedals for 50$ and under. If u wanna ditch ur distortion ill say u get one of those boss pedals, they are quite nice for the price. As for the wah, ur not gonna really get anything better than wat u have with 50$. I say save up, or if u want some good distortion now get a boss pedal. Good Luck,

Steve

yeah i need it as soon as possible... ive got a show in two weeks and theres no way im playing with my **** distortion (im using my friends speakers... not my micro cube ) ummm as for the wah, i dont really need one right now...

what distortion pedal do you recommend
danelectroi use that but it can be muddy and the controls feel like plastic. but other than that idk. dont be one of those boss pedal guys ether..
wats wrong with boss pedals?
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
get the boss ds1.. its the best distortion for under 50 dollors.. no doubt bouut that...
yo
I've tested the metalzone2 and the DS-1....doesnt seems to have any differences...can anyone tell me the differences??
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
The metalzone and the ds-1 are wayyyyy different. The DS-1 is a nice versitile distortion. The metalzone is heavy, trebly, and its for metal. I would get the DS-1.
dude **** boss pedals my cousin bought one for like 100 dollars and its ****
digitech has a distortion line out that there all like $40 i have the grunge one which sounds awesome but if u dont want a really heavy dis and u want sometin for like rock and not metal then i would say get sometin like the hot head or screamin blues which is overdrive and distortion if u go on musiciansfriend.com they have sound bytes for them so check them out they sound awesome and are cheap for the price definetly cant beat it
^My god.
Basic chain of quality:
Boutique->EH/Fulltone->Boss/MXR->Digitech
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Check Ebay for some pedals that are out of your price range. I got my Metalzone for 50 bucks there. I also got the Crybaby for about 80. If you look around enough, you can get some incredible deals.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Last edited by ShutDown785 at May 30, 2006,
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
yeah i need it as soon as possible... ive got a show in two weeks and theres no way im playing with my **** distortion (im using my friends speakers... not my micro cube ) ummm as for the wah, i dont really need one right now...

what distortion pedal do you recommend

Are you looking for just a distortion pedal or an effects pedal. IMO just go the DS-1 for distortion, but for effects look for a cheaper one of the Digitech RP series
what kinda music do you play?

you should mic the micro cube cause that dist. kicks ass with a little OD pedal. check the tubescreamer out/
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
what kinda music do you play?

you should mic the micro cube cause that dist. kicks ass with a little OD pedal. check the tubescreamer out/

i play just rock. (classic, modern, metal sometimes, blues) and the tubescreamer costs $100... ive only got $50.