Page 1 of 3
i don't know if it's been done before but i thought it would be cool for people to share there funny experiences from guitar center or any other music store.

mine would be one of the sales guys was tryin to sell a kid a marshall avt sayin that it was awesome and one of the best marshalls
I owned a n00b playing "The Man Who Sold the World" on a Marshall stack. I sat there on an AD100VT pretty much flooring him.

2 college-age guys looked at me in amazement after I started playing slap guitar. Playing "Bat Country" slapped, sounded sick.
Quote by Frankie!!!
i don't know if it's been done before but i thought it would be cool for people to share there funny experiences from guitar center or any other music store.

mine would be one of the sales guys was tryin to sell a kid a marshall avt sayin that it was awesome and one of the best marshalls

some guy told me squiers are very reliable and are very well made basses.
*awaits loads of fake pwnage stories*
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus

LOL, was just thinking that after reading SuperAnalytical's
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
there was a really long thread somewhere about this kind of stuff
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by Frankie!!!

The part of the conversation you missed was when he said "The Marshall AVT is awesome and one of the best Marshalls to use as a door stop when you can't find a brick."
Hi, I'm Peter
A guy told me that there was a very special pink guitar (pfft!) and it was perfect for me, and if I wanted I could pay before before it got shipped. I said no thanks, and waited until it got there to see if it was sh*t. (it was) and the salesman at my local music store won't stop trying to sell me a Crate..
Quote by Maxwell Bass

some guy told me squiers are very reliable and are very well made basses.

maybe he was talking about the old ones.

oh yeah, this one time, I went to guitar center, and turned down my guitar while testing it out because I have social anxiety disorder and I hate whenever people hear me because I suck ass.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
At my local shop a flamboyently gay kid came in and said he plays funk...only remotly funny thing ive seen in a music store
Just yesterday, they had the Memorial Day Blow-Out-Clearance-One-Day-Super-Sale-Extravaganza, and they gave me "The List" I found a 5 string Stiletto in the bass room for $649.99 with a sticker that said $65 off (the 649.99). In "The List" I saw Schecter Stiletto Elite5 5 STR HNY BRST for $499.99.
I said that's a decent deal. But passed and went home.
Came back with my mom (and was hoping that it wasn't there so I wouldn't have to decide whether or not to buy it) but it was still there.
So I plug in and play, and decide it is very nice.
I look at the list again, and see the one on sale is an Elite-5, and the one I am playing is a Studio-5. But I tell the guy the Studio is $499.99 and he says "alright"
So he gave it to me for $491.88 ($530 even out the door)
So yeah, I suckered the senile long haired decent fellow into getting me a good deal.

I'm still deciding if I like it or not. I may sell it for like $600.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
A sales guy handed me a Washburn that had rusted strings. Not really funny...just sad....
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
The funniest things to me are guys messing around with super expensive guitars through crap amps, playing eruption over and over, tweaking settings.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
when i went back to the store last week to buy my telecaster i was sitting there playing some random licks and one of the salesmen came over and was standing over me and then i did a little solo which i thought was crap but he thought was good ( but they get comission so it probably was crap) and then he asked if i was gunna buy the guitar and i said hold on and hold this handed him the tele and walked over and grabbed a hello kitty squire strat and started playing eruption on it... but he turned off the amp before i could finish... bastard
ever notice every time u r in guitar center on a busy day theres always that one kid hoo thinks hes good that is playing stairway to heaven horribly in the corner on a fender 10 watt?

i do everytime

o and btw to add to the avt thing, i have one, and its halfway decent, but not by far in the best of the marshall heads if u were talking about the avt head
Quote by Graphicism
LOL, was just thinking that after reading SuperAnalytical's

I'm confused, are you saying mine was fake?
omg this was funny, one time i called Tom lee music store, and im like, "hi i'm wondering if your store has a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT amp?" then the store guy said "ummm....(laughs) Sir vox doesnt make a 100 watt amp........But we have a 30 watt vox amp, and it rocks!". and i was like what an idiot, i just hung up on him lol
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
At a local music store I walked in and plugged in a guitar, I noticed a metalhead sit down and start playing Megadeth's Hangar 18, then another guy with long black hair walked in the store and sat beside him and they played the whole thing together, solos and all. Probably the funniest, most random thing I've seen.
This may be funny depending on your point of view. I was looking at their Fender Strats two months ago and an older gentleman came along and started jamming on an expensive Telecaster. No one came to help him so he hung the Telecaster on the sales rack and left.

I was still looking and then I heard a thud. The Telecaster bit the dust and fell about 6 feet to the floor. No one saw or heard it but me. I was going to inform the sales people but I figured that the lack of customer service is their problem and I quickly hauled ass. I laughed about it later. No wait, that was at Sam Ash. Sorry! I suppose accidents come with the territory.
I was in a music store this one time, and I sat down on drums. Now, this asshole comes into the store, and he's a pretty talented guy (but I can only tell so easily cause the drum kit he's playing is drowning out the sound of my drumset) so I start playing louder and louder, and we have this little unspoken contest, which I ended up doing pretty well in but losing of course since I'm more of a guitarist. So when I got tired of drums, I got up and walked over to the biggest amp in the store and cranked it up to louder than the highest setting on the drums and just started rocking out. Hah, the guy looked so mad
i was at guitar center for a couple hours just hanging out... and i saw this old black guy who looked like he didnt even know how to hold a guitar... he asked me to play a rythm part to a blues song, so i did, and he just starts soloing better than i or anyone i know can. It was halarious.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
You're all the ****in kids that make guitar center trips so unpleasant.

*rollseyes*
my funiest moment was playing an electric/acoustic
i dont like it
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by californian91
ever notice every time u r in guitar center on a busy day theres always that one kid hoo thinks hes good that is playing stairway to heaven horribly in the corner on a fender 10 watt?

i do everytime

o and btw to add to the avt thing, i have one, and its halfway decent, but not by far in the best of the marshall heads if u were talking about the avt head

actually the last itme it was a kid who coundt play anything but th erif in back in black

it got very annoying
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Macank
omg this was funny, one time i called Tom lee music store, and im like, "hi i'm wondering if your store has a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT amp?" then the store guy said "ummm....(laughs) Sir vox doesnt make a 100 watt amp........But we have a 30 watt vox amp, and it rocks!". and i was like what an idiot, i just hung up on him lol

The salesman loses points for not knowing about the AD100VT but if he was referring to the AC30, he was right, it does kick ass.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
One time I went to buy a set of 7-string strings because I was alot younger than i am now, and alot dumber. I wanted to tune to B, but wanted the high e incase i changed my mind. The sales guy talked me out of the 7 set, showed me the D'addario Jazz Mediums (a 7-string set with no high e, basicly). So i ended up buying them, and AFTER i bough them, he told me to be careful and that i may break my nut.
Quote by Cmogi10
You're all the ****in kids that make guitar center trips so unpleasant.

*rollseyes*

ya srsly.

I once went in there and had my amp on at a volume listeable for myself but respectable for others who wanted to try things out.

I'm so hXc
haha
^I respect others in the guitar store, I only go half way at most on some amps. It was only that one time I wanted to own someone.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
^I respect others in the guitar store, I only go half way at most on some amps. It was only that one time I wanted to own someone.

"Own Someone"?

what are you? 13?
Quote by ScottishAngus

what is pwnage?
when i was 13 i had a 1980 fender that was called THE STRAT,it had the gold hardware,and guitar center gave me $100. for it as a down payment for a baretta.
....................thats not funny.
well, in the guitar center i go to there's this little section in the acoustic area where a person can close the door and try out a guitar or practice without interference..anywho, i've noticed that for every 10 morons who walk in and pick up the nearest strat and play smoke on the water there's that one guy who shreds the s*** out of a classical guitar in that room and it never ceases to amaze me...one time i saw two guys go into the electric room and start playing the stairway to heaven solo while the other played the rhythm...they played the whole thing through, perfectly and with great improvisation...
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
the funniest thing that happened to me at a guitar store is when i played on a Spider II amp.

*shamefully looks away*
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
These two guys on weed came up to me while I was playing a Gibson Les Paul and took the guitar out of my hand. They said "Hey man. You wanna see some crazy S***". Im like "Ok whatever". They say their going to show me how fast they can play this scale and then solo in it. The guy starts playing the scale and im thinking "wtf. thats not even a scale" it sounded horrible, just like he was playing random notes. He got up and hes like "Yeah. Dont worry, someday you will be as good as me. Just keep practicing."

Also I got into an argument with a guy because he kept saying that DR "Hi Beam" strings were only for bass. How funny, I had a pair in the box at home and he still didnt believe me that DR "Hi Beams" were also for guitars.

...Also one time I went and I asked to try a Gibson Les Paul. The guy, assuming im retarted gives me the Studio. Im like no I want a nicer one so he gets me a crappy condition Standard. He then tries to hook me up to try a horrible amp. I ask to try the Vox AC30 and hes like "Ohhh, you really know your gear kid."

^---Thats what UG will do to ya!
whenever i goto guitar center. theres emo kids that seem to leave right when i come in, theres smaller kids who play crappy, theres the fat guy playin that double stop jazz stuff on the most expenseive semi hollow he can find, an someones ALWAYS playin slap bass in the bass room, theres always one or two hippies in the acoustic section one asshole who has a group of people around him as he plays the same two notes really fast an does some harmonics, an then theres me the halfway decent kid an the guy that pickups an ibanez, gos to a nice vox/marshall jcm series an starts shredding like crazy, but good shredding, not crap like usual
haha once i went to a guitar center to look at some tube amps, and first of all like 10 people came up and asked if i wanted help

then i asked one dude to show me where their fender tube amps were, but i had no intention of buying or playing, just conmaring prices online.

so when i say no thanks, ill think about it, it looked like the guy was about to cry

he was like" what...? you.... you dont even want to play through it.....?"

haha halarious
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Quote by ScottishAngus

I was liek in this guitar shop right?LOL and liek john petrucci from dream theater walked in and waz all liek "hey kid nice DT shirt" and i waz liek "stfu n00blet i challenge u 2 a geetahar duul" and he waz liek "omfg u goin down nub" then i pwned him by playing everything he played at 3x the speed.

if i'm lyin' i'm dyin'.
This threads not full of unpleasent arrogant douches.

"Im the half decent kid playing good shred on a Marshall JCM in the back".
Prick. People like that make me embarrassed to play guitar.
I constantly get the ego trip from half the guitarists. I hate it, Just shut up and let your playing talk I dont wanna hear how good you are from your mouth.
I dont brag my ass off about how Im a great singer then go pound the **** out of a drum set.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Page 1 of 3