I bought this amp from a friend, who got it for free from someone who didn't know anything about guitars. Neither of them knew what it was worth, so I was able to get the price down to $70.

My questions are, how much is this amp worth, new? How old is the Valvestate series? So far it sounds awesome on the clean channel, and all three overdrive channels sound great as far as I can tell. Oh, and it can get pretty loud.

So what do you think, did I get a good deal? If you know anything about this amp, please tell me as much as possible, because so far I have been unable to find much online.

Thanks.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
who cares? do you like it?? if u do, then it was an awesome deal, if not, ur out $70
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
The VS-8080 combo and VS-100 heads (essentially the same amp) are regarded as the best solid state (well, hybrid) amps Marshall ever made. They're not valuable or rare amps or anything like that, but they're very easily worth at least 3 to 4 times what you paid for it on the used market. At least, I'd pay that if that was the amp I was looking for.

And I would suggest that you open up the chassis and replace the preamp tube. It's probably seen considerable use over the years and it probably old and tired now. Otherwise, you have yourself a fine, fine amp.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor