Anyone know the max plate dissipation wattage of a Ruby 6L6GCMSTR? I can't find a data sheet anywhere for these tubes. I bought a matched quad for my 5150 II and I'm trying to bias my amp just out of crossover distortion and from what I can gather, I need to know the max plate dissipation of the tube and then adjust to 70% of that. I'm measuring 490v of plate voltage and I've already replaced the stock bias resistor with a 6.8k 1/2 watter. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
^ hes a huge fan of the 5150s AFTER theyve been modded. he says something along the line of "To be honest, I don't like the 5150 in stock trim"...

But yeah, theyre KILLER when theyre modded. Adds so much more warmth and dynamics.
Yeah, I've talked to Bob a couple times but he's all about JJ tubes which is cool but I've been told that his bias recomendations are a bit on the hot side which will shorten tube life quite a bit. To be honest, I'm new at the whole bias thing so I'm soaking up advice wherever I can. lol. Anyone out there familiar with the Weber Bias Rite Probe???? I have one but I just bought the head that requires the use of a multimeter and I have a couple questions about the readings I'm getting. Thanks a ton in advance.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
^ hes a huge fan of the 5150s AFTER theyve been modded. he says something along the line of "To be honest, I don't like the 5150 in stock trim"...

But yeah, theyre KILLER when theyre modded. Adds so much more warmth and dynamics.

Well, hes a huge fan of them once they're bais modded, tbh they're the same exact amps.