ive spent the last 2 hours going over 'eruption' ~ v.h. and my forearm hurt at first and it went away; but now my left hand is starting to hurt, i don't know if its bad or not because it could just be the muscle building but im not sure. its dead center on the back of my hand and it hurts but it feels like its just building but i just wanted to make sure if i can keep going or if i should call it a day.
the title is misleading, bud...

anyways, get some rest for a bit and tackle eruption in small bursts.
Get rest, go again the next day, take it easy, it wont be good if you keep playing. It will eventually get better and you will be able to play for longer bud.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Get rest, go again the next day, take it easy, it wont be good if you keep playing. It will eventually get better and you will be able to play for longer bud.

thanks athenasghost & 4string. imma go over this one part once more and then ill call it a day.
could be carpal tunnel syndrome it happens when you repeatedly move your finger is a similar way like typing and guitar playing
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
Dont overplay too much
There are plenty of stories of musicians who thought that the pains were muscle building but it turned out that there was something wrong with their instrument (Ex. Neck not a comfortable size) which really damaged their physical ability to play
take a rest and try the next day. take frequent breaks and make sure you warm up before you start good luck with the solo
Quote by acdclunatic
take a rest and try the next day. take frequent breaks and make sure you warm up before you start good luck with the solo

i know the whole thing, its just that theres just this one part thats about 10 seconds that i just can't get up to speed

thanks guys..

good night

imma chill now and get back up tomorrow and go for it.
my hands never hurt when i play, do you not work out?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Working out has little to do with the fine motor muscles in your hands.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Yeah, just take a rest and tackle it another day. There's always tomorrow.
The times they are a changin'.....
No, you are having improper technique, due to excessive tension being built up when tapping. You don't strain it, relax it, use your finger strings, smash the fretboard with your fingers, but with no tension

REST FOR ONE WEEK. You probably injured your arm already.