I have changed for the first time the strings (D'addario), and in the first week, i notice that when i play a distorted power chord, they sounded very clean, i mean, with a lot of gain i even could hear every note in the chord. Then in the second week i notice that the chord sounded a little muddy , don't know if you can get the idea. It affects that much new strings?.
not sure what your asking, but depending how long you've played on the stings in that first week. it might be time to change them agian according to the manufacture.
ozzyfan001
It could be a different guage, but yeah, new strings sound a lot different.

It's nice.
how often should i change my gibson strings if i play like 2 hours a day almost everyday
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
in a perfect world I would change mine every 2 weeks...

too bad world aint perfect.
i change mine every month...i play 4 hours a day too.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I spend 8 hours on the guitar forum a day and total just 2 hours playing guitar over a month. Should I change my strings everyday?

Note: I really do spend 8 hours on the forum, maybe not a day, but close to. I spend about 10 hours of guitar in a month, depending on what I'm doing related to it. Tough classes, end of year exams and such, a lot going on in household. Fun stuff.
my general rule.

For practing - every 72 hours(played on)
or 6 hours or less before a gig.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i dont change mine till they break is that bad?
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
not neccessarily. But its not good either.
I change mine weekly. Because I cant stand a muddy sound.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I change mine every day.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
I had my first set of strings on my Squier for over a year. I changed 'em about two months ago. How do you know if you need new strings besides them snapping?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I change mine whenever they turn black or break. I dont like the sound of new strings, they're too twangy and clean. I keep them as long as possible.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic