Page 1 of 3
i think it would be cool to see eddie shed all the drama of vh and just be a musician,maybe even put out an instrumental album.
Last edited by jnl at May 30, 2006,
Ed is a drunk fool and cant hang on when it comes to a VH show, much less play with the other virtuosos.
i dont thinik he should only cause, eddie van halen is van halen. except it. van halen is over and so is eddie. he will be remembered, but the van halens and the band, there done. theve been done since they hired sammy hagar
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
eddie isnt shred
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Cmogi10
Ed is a drunk fool and cant hang on when it comes to a VH show, much less play with the other virtuosos.

I guess being a fat, arrogant prick like Malmsteen is alot better.

Eddie has no place on G3 because he's a rock n roll guitarist, not a shredder. EVH changed guitar playing forever, i haven't seen Malmsteen do that in the last 20+ years. I've seen Yngwie live, beside playing fast, he isn't what everyone says he is. Any guitarsist can play fast for an entire show. It gets old after half an hour. But that's my opinion, so don't get your panties in a twist.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I never said I was remotely interested in G3, but it's basically a wanking comp, for the highest degree of guitar dorks.

EVH just cant hang with them anymore, maybe in his prime? I dont know? But I know now he's just a mess.

And being fat doesnt affect your playing like being a drunk evh does.
^^ i dont know what your talking about it gets old after about 3 mins
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
^^ i dont know what your talking about it gets old after about 3 mins

Hm?
Quote by Cmogi10

yeah he sure can tap and no need to insult eddie
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
EVH is the most overrated guitarist...oh yeah, eruption, look at me, im tapping, yeah yeah...call it revolutionizing the way the guitar is played, but he could never play among the likes of Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, Petrucci, or any other virtuoso for that matter...and any concert with Vai doesn't constitute as a wankfest, unless you consider perfect blues phrasing and emotion as wankage
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
eddie is such a great writer,i bet he could come up with some killer instrumenal stuff,but then again,i didnt know he was a drunk again.
know i was saying that Speed virtuoso **** gets boring quick like there great players but its so ****ing boring its unbelieveabe. And EVH i consider to be a better guitarist than the shredders as it doesnt take much to do some really fast alternate picking then sweep pick alot over and over and over for a long time, but its difficult to make music that connects with 50 million ppl. at least IMO
Quote by Csquared1001

yeah he sure can tap and no need to insult eddie

have you seen/heard eddie lately? he's a trainwreck...
^ Ya he is an absolute Train Wreck Drunk he packed on like 40 pounds. I feel bad for him and hope he gets his life straightened up
Quote by Cmogi10
have you seen/heard eddie lately? he's a trainwreck...

yeah, he's managed to go from

to

Quote by Stop Messin'

I don't see how weight and arrogance has anything to do with MUSIC AT ALL. You Malmsteen haters need to grow a ****ing pair. He's great and better than you'll ever be, admit it.
Last edited by Archaon at May 30, 2006,
Quote by priest.fan.

to

wow,he makes keith richards look pretty.
Quote by Archaon
I don't see why weight and arrogance has anything to do with MUSIC AT ALL. You Malmsteen haters need to grow a ****ing pair. He's great and better than you'll ever be, admit it.

just as EVH is better and allways will be better and acomplish more than anyone in this ****in forum
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Quote by oscar7557
just as EVH is better and allways will be better and acomplish more than anyone in this ****in forum

Yes, although that wasn't my point. You're bringing up a new argument.

edit:
Just to clear it up, I wasn't bashing eddie (I love him), I was protecting Malmsteen. Understand?
yeah sorry dude its just eddies like one of my main influences and so is malmsteen but evh is one of the reasons i even play
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Quote by priest.fan.

to

thats not eddie,thats his grandma.
Quote by Archaon
I don't see how weight and arrogance has anything to do with MUSIC AT ALL. You Malmsteen haters need to grow a ****ing pair. He's great and better than you'll ever be, admit it.

That's the problem with you shredders/shredding fans. You can insult every classic rock/metal guitarist under the sun, but as soon as someone insults Malmsteem, Vai, Satriani and whoever else, it's all snots and tears from there. You think because they can play fast they are invisible. After 1978 when EVH came into music, the business was like a xerox machine, just running off copies left and right. So if you're gonna insult the guitarists that built music with their bare hands, take it like a man when someone insults your precious shredders.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true

Eddie has no place on G3 because he's a rock n roll guitarist, not a shredder. EVH changed guitar playing forever, i haven't seen Malmsteen do that in the last 20+ years. QUOTE]

Malmsteen didn't change guitar playing?! Are you nuts? You know how many players practiced all day and night after hearing his records? He made shred popular and influenced thousands or millions of players.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by Cmogi10

Meh, he's not drunk anymore. But he is still an ass!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Didn't Satch tell an interviewer he would like to have Brian May AND EVH on G3 but they keep saying no?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Stop Messin'

Eddie has no place on G3 because he's a rock n roll guitarist, not a shredder. EVH changed guitar playing forever, i haven't seen Malmsteen do that in the last 20+ years. I've seen Yngwie live, beside playing fast, he isn't what everyone says he is. Any guitarsist can play fast for an entire show. It gets old after half an hour. But that's my opinion, so don't get your panties in a twist.

when did malmsteen get brought into this?
eddie may not be able to keep up with the guitarist of today but they are all standing on his shoulders.
Quote by Stop Messin'
That's the problem with you shredders/shredding fans. You can insult every classic rock/metal guitarist under the sun, but as soon as someone insults Malmsteem, Vai, Satriani and whoever else, it's all snots and tears from there. You think because they can play fast they are invisible. After 1978 when EVH came into music, the business was like a xerox machine, just running off copies left and right. So if you're gonna insult the guitarists that built music with their bare hands, take it like a man when someone insults your precious shredders.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, ignorant fool.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
You don't have a clue what you're talking about, ignorant fool.

way to prove him wrong
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Whow allot of EVH dissing.
You people are forgetting that back in the early beginning of the 80's the things that EVH did were like from outer space , people back then were all like " WTF" when they first heard eruption in 1978 , it sounded so futuristic back then.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by Stop Messin'

That's the problem with you shredders/shredding fans. You can insult every classic rock/metal guitarist under the sun, but as soon as someone insults Malmsteem, Vai, Satriani and whoever else, it's all snots and tears from there. You think because they can play fast they are invisible. After 1978 when EVH came into music, the business was like a xerox machine, just running off copies left and right. So if you're gonna insult the guitarists that built music with their bare hands, take it like a man when someone insults your precious shredders.fool.

Ok, here's what you need to know,

We all like EVH, he just isn't shred.
and dont forget the kewl animal noises he made on his guitar wit the whammy bar
G3 has had Eric Johnson on with them, and he's not shred either. He's a fantastic blues player, though. And yes, when Van Halen came around for the first time in 1978, they were revolutionary and inspired millions of people. BUT, their sound never changed or developed over the years. If anything, it became watered down later on. That's what separates EVH from the likes of Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, etc. Most of those players are diversified and have re-invented themselves. Note: That does not apply to Yngwie. His stuff sounds all the same.
Eddies reign is over, and it was a prosperous reign, so he still has something to look back on. In wikipedia it stresses the bands tensions and alcoholism, so it wouldnt be a good idea to bring van halen on.

Just listen to his music mate, doesnt matter if he wont do anything new.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by notoriousnumber
Eddies reign is over, and it was a prosperous reign, so he still has something to look back on. In wikipedia it stresses the bands tensions and alcoholism, so it wouldnt be a good idea to bring van halen on.

Just listen to his music mate, doesnt matter if he wont do anything new.

you dont have to be the reigning king to go on a g3 tour.i gotta believe eddie's still got something left to give the guitar world besides merchandice.
Quote by GuitarGod610
G3 has had Eric Johnson on with them, and he's not shred either. He's a fantastic blues player, though. And yes, when Van Halen came around for the first time in 1978, they were revolutionary and inspired millions of people. BUT, their sound never changed or developed over the years. If anything, it became watered down later on. That's what separates EVH from the likes of Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, etc. Most of those players are diversified and have re-invented themselves. Note: That does not apply to Yngwie. His stuff sounds all the same.

I dont know if I would call EJ a blues player...
Quote by Stop Messin'

YOU ARE MY HERO STOP MESSIN!!!

When have you heard a pro guitarist say malmsteen inspried him to play the best blues or rock or punk or anything but shred.

Look at Clapton he has inspired everyone from Shredders to Smooth Jazz guitarists!
Page 1 of 3