I'm now in a band and since I lack a decent amp, the bassist is letting me borrow his 5150/Carvin Legacy halfstack and I need settings for it. I am using it, but very reluctantly, due to the fact the cleans are sub-par and it's a little to dark for my tastes. Does anyone have any settings I can use with the 5150 in conjunction with a Boss EQ pedal and CE-1 chorus for the cleans? I was planning on using the EQ for a treble boost to help make the amp a little brighter.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
just, on the amp, roll off the lows, put the mids and highs to like 6 ot 7 and boost the Presence...that should do fine.
So he has a Carvin legacy halfstack AND a peavey 5150? wow... dont drop that bassist :P Well im afraid cleans from a 5150 are gonna be hard to find (at least a good one you can probably find a decent one ) Thats why im headed into the Peavey XXX instead of 6505/5150
In terms of tone, I want a tone that's "heavy", but with more treble and mids. Not realy thrash, though. And I want it as bright as the 5150 can get. I guess you can say I'm in a "hardcore" band, but we're not quite hardcore. We have a sound a lot like that of UnderOath.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
are you the only guitarist? or are there two?
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
There's two. The other one is using a Valvestate/older 1960A stack with a Gibson SG Special Faded. And I'm playing through the 5150/Legacy stack with an Epi LP Custom, if any of that matters at all.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
ummm, what you prolly want to do is have each of you pick a frequency range
like in my friends band, one player has more bassy tone, and the other has more treble.
That way your not fighting to be heard as much
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
This is the setting I use on my 5150 II. Sounds killer for my guitar, pickups, and cab. Adjust to taste.

Lead Channel:

Pre Gain- 7.5 to 8 (This would be equivalent to maybe about 6 on the original 5150)
Low - 7.5
Mid- 1.5
High - 3
Resonance - 7
Prescence - 9.2