no, not a marshal mg half stack:p

but a crate blue voodoo half stack

is it really as bad as some tell me it is?
Minsoo s.w.
decent head, bad cabs
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Marty Friedman used them for a time. He may still use them, I'm not sure. I believe one of the A7X guitarists also uses it?I don't know how complimentary that is, but if you're into them...

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
lol

dunno who the heck they are.... kidna

does the stack have a nide distortion, even if not the besT?
Minsoo s.w.
i can get the stack for 650, but they go for 2200 new here

it got retubed and new speakers were put in

doens thtat seem like a good deal?
Minsoo s.w.
yes.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Find out for yourself, try one.

I've heard they're quite nice though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by ChurchNSkate
Marty Friedman used them for a time. He may still use them, I'm not sure. I believe one of the A7X guitarists also uses it?I don't know how complimentary that is, but if you're into them...

a7x uses bogner heads with, i forget which cabs...but the heads, they only use bogners
I heard the Blue Voodoo sounds a lot better with a tube change, but you can probably say that about just any amp .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have the blue voodoo head and like the sound. The distortion seems more classic with the the orginal tubes you get with the amp (groove tubes). I switched out my pre amp tubes with groove tube golds, and that made the distortion a lot better, the power tubes on mine probably need switched out since i bought it used.Go to the tubestore.com and check out a switch of tubes and you'll get the sound you're looking for. Sweet head though, reliable too.
yeah i heard with a tube change they can be metal beasts, one of the guitar players from cannibal corpse has used them before, not sure if he uses it still but im positive he did at one time, the gain is very high..
last time there was a thread on these amps, everyone bashed them.

I saw someone use one live, and hated the sound. It was the worst sounding tube amp i'd heard..ever.
the only time i got a good sound out of it was running it at full volume...then it sounded sweet
Yeah I own the half stack. I have played with it for almost a year now. I have LOVED everything about it. It had everything I wanted or needed. I just vouched for the Mesa recently. I have mine for sale by the way. I can hook you up with pics if you don't wanna pay the "new" price tag. Guitarrocka205@netscape.net
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^ the cleans on it are AMAZING. The crunch is more of a 'rockish' sound. Nothin too heavy. But as I said, if you want to play anything between and from classic rock to harder heavy rock...its perfect.
Quote by guitarrocka205
Yeah I own the half stack. I have played with it for almost a year now. I have LOVED everything about it. It had everything I wanted or needed. I just vouched for the Mesa recently. I have mine for sale by the way. I can hook you up with pics if you don't wanna pay the "new" price tag. Guitarrocka205@netscape.net

haha unless you live in toronto, i cant do any deals haha

plus im gettng it for only 650 CDN, if im even getting it.

does it sound really bad at low volumes?
Minsoo s.w.
AMAZING cleans??? REALLY??? those cleans are amazing!!! WOW

where have I been???!?! well then you'd better get it!!
-Mike
Mediocre amp. Nothing specal. I'd rather spend my money on something else that I wouldn't eventually replace in a few weeks.
Ritchie Sambora plays through and drives a Heil with one (but his gear changes about every tour he does)
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Megadeth used crate Blue Voodoos for a loooong time. Only recently have they got the Rocktron stuff. Cleans on Crate amps are good I find, the distortion sounds like "Crate" distortion, meaning it has a unique character. Listen to Rust in Peace, you can get that EXACT tone on a BV.
hey can u upload te song for me? i cant find it anywhere..
Minsoo s.w.
kk

hey this other gutiarist i know says i cant.. haha

did he use the crate blue voodo to record al the songs on the cd??
Minsoo s.w.
my friend just got the 50 watt head, and i gotta say that the distortion is pretty heavy, and sounds really good, the cleans are good enough, untill i compared it to my jazz chorus, but i guess that isnt really a fair comparison... not to say that they are bad, but not AMAZING like someone stated already.

and to llanafreak44, i like punk and know that they used them, but i thought it was strange that their bassist uses one aswell, just through an ampeg 8X10, but i guess what ever works...
Cannibal Corpse use blue voodoos.

They arent horrible, they're decent for the price especially with a retube and w/ decent cabs

head = decent
cabs = horrible

Retube + new cab or speakers = decent deal, especailly for 650 canadian
for 650 cad , its a great deal.

The head sounds pretty good, i know balzac, and i htink the guitar plyaer form afi uses it as well....im not 100% sure, but ive tried it and the distortion holds up well, its a hell of a lot cheaper than say a marshall dsl halfstack anyway, it hink it sounds great with a retube for sure ( i played a friends retubed blue voodoo prototype ). Definilty a steal of a deal for 650. You can always get a better cab, or replace it with better speakers, orrr just get some better tubes for it.

the only hting is that their sound is a weird mix of distinctiveness and nothing special...if that makes sense....? it definitly doesnt sound like any classsic amp, but it doesnt quite have a distinct enough sound to be blown away by. For live situations, i dont think anyone really cares....soo I say go for it,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville