Hello all.
I've been playin for about 6 months and i think its time to upgrade my amp(a fender 15w practice amp)this little amp is plenty loud enough bit it pops and booms and sounds a bit iffy.
so what amp to buy,i only play on my own, in a "music room"(converted shed) i TRY to play along to cds etc,i dont wanna blow the windows out, but if amps are like hifi speakers,some must sound better than others even at low volumes,any thoughts people,oh and my guitar is a epiphone g400,thanks
and what do you play?
Ibanez RG7620
Line 6 Spider II 212
Boss PW-10

Influences
John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, Gary Moore, Mark Tremonti, Angus Young,Iron Maiden, Richie Sambora, Kirk Hammett, Megadeth, Dragonforce
so in other words, your looking for a practice amp that will sound good? If you've only just started playing, i suggestthat you dont go and blow a whole load of money on a practice amp, i agree that yuo should upgrade your current amp because i had that amp and it drove me mad for 4 years before i finally upgraded. So just start surfing thenet for like 40W amps or whatever, some sites even have a special section for practice amps. Once youve found a couple of amps you like, go into a music store and try as many of them out as you can, and go to different stores and try out amps aswell. Its always good to hear the same amp in different surroundings.
what about a vox ad30vt. what a great amp and very versatile, so would suit alot of music styles
Friend of mine had a zoom fire 30 which sounded good to me
Ibanez RG7620
Line 6 Spider II 212
Boss PW-10

Influences
John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, Gary Moore, Mark Tremonti, Angus Young,Iron Maiden, Richie Sambora, Kirk Hammett, Megadeth, Dragonforce
Tell us what style of music you play and what your budget for an amp is. Without those 2, we can't really help you out.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
budget of about £150-£200 i play all sorts i like ac/dc chili peppers mainly rock but i also like a clean sound,the smiths etc