Page 1 of 13
Hi all

Im quite interested to know which bands are good and not good in concert.Post here any bands that youve seen or heard live that were a let down.

Id have to say Blink182. Although there music was good in studio they were f*cking aweful live! No joke they made me want to rape the nearest person next to me.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
Hi all

Im quite interested to know which bands are good and not good in concert.Post here any bands that youve seen or heard live that were a let down.

Id have to say Blink182. Although there music was good in studio they were f*cking aweful live! No joke they made me want to rape the nearest person next to me.

My bro saw Blink at Leedsfest, i think it was and said they were awful. Personally I've been lucky enough that all the bands I've seen live have been at least decent.

EDIT:
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by System of a Dog
Fallout Boy, apparently. Yes I know they suck anyway but I heard they suck equally live.

Im not supirsed, i heard at one gig, the bassist climbed on top of some scaffolding at jumped into the crowd expecting to be catched

He shattered his knee cap apparently
yeah fall out boy did a live acoustic version of there new song on radio 1 then chris moyles slated it, it did sound pretty bad especially the vocals.
Originally posted by tylerishot
There is no reason that taking advantage of a drunk chick is acceptable. You can, however, beat them up, and tell them they fell down the stairs.
Quote by System of a Dog
Fallout Boy, apparently. Yes I know they suck anyway but I heard they suck equally live.

haha

yea i heard also that blink and green day suck alot live my bud saw em togather and he siad they sucked big time... but my bud got greendays's drummer's shirt so thats kina cool i guess if ur stoopid like that...
Avenged Sevenfold. The guitarist uses two dampeners on his guitar and still makes mistakes. Also, the singer changes his voice so much when singing it sounds like his voice box is stuck on 'Shock Demonstration'. Very poor live.
Rage Against the machine were terrible live. They performed well and stuff but their sound is awful live
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
Im not supirsed, i heard at one gig, the bassist climbed on top of some scaffolding at jumped into the crowd expecting to be catched

He shattered his knee cap apparently

Yeah, thats why I call them "Fall Down Boy"

Hmmm...Linkin Park is already horrid in the studio..but their Live8 performance made me want to vomit.
Wade in the water, child.
blink and greenday were mint live!!!!

the clash are **** on a live cd i have of theirs

of who ive seen sum 41 werent brilliant but put on an awesome show and hidden in plain view sucked....cept for the drummer!!
Quote by camlaen
Rage Against the machine were terrible live. They performed well and stuff but their sound is awful live

No.

I saw Hoobastank live on some music awards thing and it was one the most God-awful pieces of trash I had ever seen.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Linking park is unbearable live. Also, may Jesus forgive me for this but I don't care much for Tool's live shows, either. They aren't bad at all performing-wise, but the sound quality sucks donkey balls. Oh, and Metallica - they're just plain weird. Some of their concerts are really, really sweet - but then a lot of their recent shows sound like crap, both actually live and on bootleg records.
Hell, I've got two bootlegs of Metallica that were so bad, I honestly thought those were mislabeled mp3's of some crappy cover band playing their songs, for quite a while.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Deftones, Mudvayne, and Cold, of the shows I've seen, were the worst. Not so much for performance but that their sound was just horrible. With Deftones and Mudvayne all you could hear was a hissing noise and drums. I don't remember what was wrong with the Cold show but I remember it not being too good, besides the fact that I already don't like them.
Axl rose and his cover band in the 02's was horrible live except for HucketBead but i think hes got better now.
personally I think that music today is overproduced, "perfected" in studios.. so doing it live is practically impossible. I'm not surprised that everyone says blink and fallout boy suck live..
however the classic rock area of bands are great live. Led Zeppelin was the best live band ever.
I saw Iron Maiden last year and they were incredible. Not just the music played, but the energy they created made it such an amazing experience. I definately prefer their live songs over studio versions. I think that has some bearing to how good they are live.

I'm going to Ozzfest this summer, and I think I will be disappointed in bands like Atreyu and a7x. damn.

point being: I think there's a simple pattern of bands who suck and are good live.
Last edited by Raijin.xiii at May 31, 2006,
Boy Kill Boy. No doubt, the most boring live performance I've seen.

Thankfully ¡Forward, Russia! more than made up for that, and The Automatic were alreet.

And I'm not a huge fan of Green Day any more, but apparently they put on a good show.
i went to see the offspring in august of last year at the SECC and the 2 line-up bands were the worst i had ever seen "The Letters Organize" and "Send More Paramedics".
In the first band who ever they were, you couldn't hear the singer and the kept screwing up. The second band were marginally better but still really really sucked neither were well rehearsed. I know line-up bands are supposed to be not as good as the headlining act but these guys were just unbelievably rubbish. Offspring rocked though....as ever may i add!
Quote by Raijin.xiii
personally I think that music today is overproduced, "perfected" in studios.. so doing it live is practically impossible. I'm not surprised that everyone says blink and fallout boy suck live..

Thats not true Coldplay manage to pull off some amazing live shows. However you are right to some degree, alot of bands like Blink use studio magic to enhance there voices and stuff to make it sound more pleasing when in reality they cant match up to the studio sound.
Quote by supergohan931
With Deftones and Mudvayne all you could hear was a hissing noise and drums

That's down to front of house though, not the band.

I watched a Nine Black Alps gig on telly the other week and Sam kept messing up, like singing out of time and stuff.

And from the videos I've seen, Matt Heafy from Trivium can't seem to sing well.
By crook or fist I'll lather up your gracious smile.
And take my time...
Quote by ar73m
Linking park is unbearable live. Also, may Jesus forgive me for this but I don't care much for Tool's live shows, either. They aren't bad at all performing-wise, but the sound quality sucks donkey balls. Oh, and Metallica - they're just plain weird. Some of their concerts are really, really sweet - but then a lot of their recent shows sound like crap, both actually live and on bootleg records.
Hell, I've got two bootlegs of Metallica that were so bad, I honestly thought those were mislabeled mp3's of some crappy cover band playing their songs, for quite a while.

what are you on about dude? metallica rock live, sometimes bootlegs are just **** quality
Dream theater in that Metropolis concert.. friggin boring in the mioddle o the concert!!! geez.. and i think i saw only Petrucci headbanging.. ugh..
I have to go way back for this but the absolute worst show ever was Quiet Riot. Looked, sounded, played, even smelled like ****.
I'm going to see Iron Maiden in December,with Trivium supporting.I hope that goes ok,'cause apparently trivium suck large knobs live.
Quote by Meh!
I have masturbated on the back of a life sized panther doll.

...Don't ask

haha
Master Yoshikuni of the Pit Samurai.pm Theguitarist to join.
The Explosion (hah! remember them?)

I was never a big fan of them, but at least they had some production quality in the studio. I saw them live supporting another band, and they were shockingly bad.
Quote by lmnop
please explain how to steal legally
i'm intersted and willing to learn
you can go either way!

listen...unless you havent been in like 3 shows of he same band...you cant really tell.
it might be the place's fault...

all of the big bands ive seen were awsome live. rage against the machine are amazing live...
...And The Nominees Are
The Ataris were poop on a stick when i saw them at Give It A Name '06 and so were Drive-By. My Chemical Romance are good live - the vocals arent as good and perfect but they still fit well with the music and they often go crazy.
Quote by slashs_snakepit
Dream theater in that Metropolis concert.. friggin boring in the mioddle o the concert!!! geez.. and i think i saw only Petrucci headbanging.. ugh..

Avenged Sevenfold aren't that good, people keep going on about their 'amazing show' What's to it? They just stand on a bunch of tables

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtv6slZ-0vo

now THAT is a good show, screw you Avenged Sevenfold
Last edited by GiantRaven at May 31, 2006,
If you mean shockingly bad as in talent, obviously green day and fall out boy.

As in shockingly bad live, but not on cd, probably blink 182 and guns n roses (old)
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Trivium apparently suck live. I've seen videos on Youtube and I can't disagree with that statement. He can't sing at all and the guitar playing sounds a bit ropey.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
trivium cant even sing good on the albums, why expect him to sound magical live?
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by meta1militia
trivium cant even sing good on the albums, why expect him to sound magical live?

No way, Some of their songs sound really tight on the guitar/vocals front in the studio record. Live, they are just sloppy. It makes you wonder, how much help did the studio give them in tightening up their sound? I'd rather have a record that they'd have a hope in hells chance of reproducing live.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by monkey of doom
Trivium apparently suck live. I've seen videos on Youtube and I can't disagree with that statement. He can't sing at all and the guitar playing sounds a bit ropey.

I think it probably varies

I've seen them twice, one time was absolutely brilliant and the other time was a bit crap
I was just talking about the singer^^^ not talking about the guitarists. The guitarists are pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad. I just mean i think the singer is horrible IMO
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by meta1militia
I was just talking about the singer^^^ not talking about the guitarists. The guitarists are pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad. I just mean i think the singer is horrible IMO

I sort of just glanced over your post. Sorry bout that man. I guess his vocals suit some songs. But others...........meh.

Luckily, I've never been to a bad gig but my mate saw Babyshambles live...