The other day i was playing and the screw that holds the guitar strap fell out....i caught the guitar so it didnt fall but the screw wont go back in the hole ...it wont tighten at all

what would be the best way to fix this problem.....i was thinking of drilling another hole but i dont wanna hit something inside the guitar and mess it up even more

also is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening again?
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
mine does that to i heve the ace frehley model les paul and i just jammed a peice of paper in the whole and screwed it in.it hasnt fell out since
i had the same prob what you need is a bigger screw go to a guitar shop or hardware shop and bring the old screw and say it fell out and you need a bigger screw, another way ive heard is get a bit of balsa stick and coat it in glue and jam it in the hole and hit it so it splits then when you screw your screw in its going into wood not just an empty hole id try a bigger screw before you mess about with glue cause if its not done right you?ll mess up your guitar
Toothpick method for the win.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.