This is taken from the mudvayne song Dig

[--------9----------7-------9\----I--------9---------7----------9\-] -9-&-7-
[---------------X-----------------I--------------X-------X---------] -------
[/7--7-X------X---X---X--X--------I/7--X-X-----X---X---5---X-X-----] ex.-7-&-5-
[---------------------------------I--------------------------------]
s s s p s p s p s s p s s s p s p s p s p s s p

i no that this is a slide / , but when it has a 9\ or a /7 where do u slide to, and what do u start the slide at?
usualy the next note thats on the line

7/----9---

If it looks like this
--/7----9
You should probably listen to the song to see where it slide begins
This statement is false.
/7 = Slide up from 0 up to 7
9\ = Slide down from 9 to 0

Thats how I play the song...Its a great song...Although I play it a little different from that tab...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
/7 = Slide up from 0 up to 7
9\ = Slide down from 9 to 0

Thats how I play the song...Its a great song...Although I play it a little different from that tab...

Thanks for explaining it, and
if u no a different tab thats right, can u post the link to it
When I see that I usually don't go all the way to 0. I just kind of start or end at "nowhere." I just run my hand up/down the neck without really paying attention to where I start fretting. Whatever feels natural, adds to the song, etc.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Quote by Junkstuff1
When I see that I usually don't go all the way to 0. I just kind of start or end at "nowhere." I just run my hand up/down the neck without really paying attention to where I start fretting. Whatever feels natural, adds to the song, etc.

yea thats kindof what I do but I wanted to explain the sliding simply and clearly...

But yea (to threadstarter) you dont 'have' to start exactly at 0 and then work through frets 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, I mean you just start off as close to 0 as you feel comfortable with and then slide up...And when sliding down you just slide as low as you want to, not necessarily down 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0...You know what I mean? (basically I just rephrased what Junkstuff said )

And no, I dont have a more accurate tab of this song since I gathered a bunch of bits and pieces that sounded right from many different Dig tabs and pieced them together to form my version...This tab seems good though, not 100% accurate but then again, I've never found a Dig tab thats 100% accurate...It also depends on what you hear in the song, because I hear something new everytime I listen to that song...The bassline is just so...wild, lol and a lot of it is buried under Gregs distorted guitar so its kinda hard to hear...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
lol not even close, here is the beggining to start you off:

[----------9----------------9-----I----------9-----------------9---]
[----------8----------------8-----I----------8-----------------8---]
[----------------------------------I---------------------------------] x2
[0----0-----------0----0----- ---I0----0------------0----0-------]
s s p s s p s s p s s p

Drop C tuning

And the guys are right, whenever it doesn't specify where to slide to, you just slide in that direction, and listening to the song can help to determine where exactly to slide, but even artists themselves don't do it to the same point everytime, you can hear it on the live versions, all the slides sound slightly different

ouuu i'll be nice and give you the link to near perfect tab for this song: http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Bass,m,2335,Mudvayne,Dig,86999
Quote by Zapadlo
lol not even close, here is the beggining to start you off:

[----------9----------------9-----I----------9-----------------9---]
[----------8----------------8-----I----------8-----------------8---]
[----------------------------------I---------------------------------] x2
[0----0-----------0----0----- ---I0----0------------0----0-------]
s s p s s p s s p s s p

Drop C tuning

And the guys are right, whenever it doesn't specify where to slide to, you just slide in that direction, and listening to the song can help to determine where exactly to slide, but even artists themselves don't do it to the same point everytime, you can hear it on the live versions, all the slides sound slightly different

ouuu i'll be nice and give you the link to near perfect tab for this song: http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Bass,m,2335,Mudvayne,Dig,86999

the tab he posted was of the verse

And on the Studio version its drop B tuning not drop C...